LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

What Do I need to break 11's?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 07:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes...LE2 Heads/Cam and especially LE3 Heads/Cam will do it.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

Pm me if you are ready to set your goals a little higher for the same or less money. I don't think any of the above mentioned vendors are this quick on a stock bottom end.

Last edited by Quickshotkimber; 06-12-2005 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quickshotkimber
Pm me if you are ready to set your goals a little higher for the same money. I don't think any of the above mentioned guys are this quick on a stock bottom end.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Pm me if you are ready to set your goals a little higher for the same money. I don't think any of the above mentioned guys are this quick on a stock bottom end.
Actually I'm sure if I had that setup and only ran bottom 11's I'd give my car a lemon title....
Old 06-12-2005, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jordan57
Actually I'm sure if I had that setup and only ran bottom 11's I'd give my car a lemon title....
You talking about his car or mine? If you are running 11.0s with a stock bottom end, lemme know. My point is that he should be looking for times deep into the tens with a stroker.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

While I agree with the fact that a properly put together stroker motor should knock on the door of bottom tens all day. The heads to support that are NOT STOCK CASTINGS!!!! at all. And who cares about stock bottom end times?You are just limiting yourself there with a poor rod and bearing design that lacks rev-ability and strength. Also...heads that flow under 250cfm are about as worthless as a one-legged man in an *** kicking contest on a stroker.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would really like to see someone set you up with a better set up than Lloyd's for less money. With all brand new parts. You are hard pressed to find a better setup than Lloyds for more money.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

While I agree with the fact that a properly put together stroker motor should knock on the door of bottom tens all day. The heads to support that are NOT STOCK CASTINGS!!!! at all. And who cares about stock bottom end times?You are just limiting yourself there with a poor rod and bearing design that lacks rev-ability and strength. Also...heads that flow under 250cfm are about as worthless as a one-legged man in an *** kicking contest on a stroker.
Gee, most of the guys here are running a stock bottom end Most people do heads and cam before they modify the bottom end. Anyone can take a daily driver for a couple thousand dollars and make over 400rwhp N/A. As far as my heads being worthless, What will you say when I run mid tens with those same heads AND a stock bottom end? Didn't notice any ETs in your sig
Old 06-12-2005, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Brett95z
I would really like to see someone set you up with a better set up than Lloyd's for less money. With all brand new parts. You are hard pressed to find a better setup than Lloyds for more money.
I paid 800 dollars for the heads to be ported. I then just paid for the parts and Eric set them up for my cam. Are there any LE guys running quicker than my old times?
Old 06-12-2005, 08:57 PM
On The Tree

BTW, I just noticed times. If I ran those with your set up, I would give up
Old 06-12-2005, 09:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Quickshot... FWIW, you're the guy who came in here with a "these guys don't know ****, PM me and I'll help you out because I'm better than all of them" attitude. Calm down man, you've got to expect these kind of responses from guys like Jordan when you come in here like that.

Everybody's opinion is appreciated and important in here.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Vendetta
Quickshot... FWIW, you're the guy who came in here with a "these guys don't know ****, PM me and I'll help you out because I'm better than all of them" attitude. Calm down man, you've got to expect these kind of responses from guys like Jordan when you come in here like that.

Everybody's opinion is appreciated and important in here.
First off, I was talking about the buisnesses that were mentioned. Maybe I should have made that more clear. My Bad. I guess I'm just getting a little tired of people setting thier goals so low when I think that better times are easily attainable. I guarntee that I paid less than almost everyone for my ported stock castings and have yet to see the performance matched. Didn't mean to sound like a jerk, just didn't want to get into a pissing contest about unpaid advertisement. That is why I suggested the pm.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

First off, I was talking about the buisnesses that were mentioned. Maybe I should have made that more clear. My Bad. I guess I'm just getting a little tired of people setting thier goals so low when I think that better times are easily attainable. I guarntee that I paid less than almost everyone for my ported stock castings and have yet to see the performance matched. Didn't mean to sound like a jerk, just didn't want to get into a pissing contest about unpaid advertisement. That is why I suggested the pm.
No problem man, you did the right thing then by requesting the PM. It was a misunderstanding on my part. FWIW those are some very good numbers right there
Old 06-12-2005, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Vendetta
No problem man, you did the right thing then by requesting the PM. It was a misunderstanding on my part. FWIW those are some very good numbers right there
Thank You, edited confusing post.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:28 PM
Teching In

fyi-I'm also not on a stock bottom end (eagle forged stroker crank and rods.) Quickshot, you've been pm'd tho.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BTW, I just noticed times. If I ran those with your set up, I would give up
Oh ok, a catback, cai car going 13.5 on street tires is terrible performance I forget. And I do agree with you about people setting their goals too low when it comes to H/C setup. The limitation is headwork. Not many people to great head work. Lloyd does, however, a stock casting head, even fully ported, would be hard pressed to breathe enough for a stroker. Just not enough air. Also while your 11.0's are indeed good times with 420rwhp, I would want 10.60-70s out of it bc I see those damn LS1's running 10.40s with 440rwhp all the damn time. It pisses me off when I see LT1 people get these stroker motors with too small of heads and too small of cams and run bottom 12s. It gives us a bad name. Sorry if I misinterpreted, but I thought you were saying don't listen to these guys bc they don't know their sh*t. While my car personally may not put up great ETs, I have helped put together a couple of really great performing LT1's. The next of which is a 410ci, dart headed, wilson manifolded monster on the spray>>>>in a vert. ON THE BUMPER!!!
Old 06-12-2005, 10:51 PM
Staging Lane

Care to share some flow numbers? Also is your car a DD or race car? As in what kind of weight. thanks

Tyler
Old 06-13-2005, 04:57 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by pntballty
Care to share some flow numbers? Also is your car a DD or race car? As in what kind of weight. thanks

Tyler
My car was a daily driver and race weight was 3550lbs.I am in the process of installing a kmember and various parts to reduce the weight. It will still be driven on the street daily. I don't know where my flow sheet went, but It was around 250 at .500 on the intake. The exhaust flowed very well. Flow benches are like dynos, each is a little different.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:04 AM
On The Tree

Oh ok, a catback, cai car going 13.5 on street tires is terrible performance I forget. And I do agree with you about people setting their goals too low when it comes to H/C setup. The limitation is headwork. Not many people to great head work. Lloyd does, however, a stock casting head, even fully ported, would be hard pressed to breathe enough for a stroker. Just not enough air. Also while your 11.0's are indeed good times with 420rwhp, I would want 10.60-70s out of it bc I see those damn LS1's running 10.40s with 440rwhp all the damn time. It pisses me off when I see LT1 people get these stroker motors with too small of heads and too small of cams and run bottom 12s. It gives us a bad name. Sorry if I misinterpreted, but I thought you were saying don't listen to these guys bc they don't know their sh*t. While my car personally may not put up great ETs, I have helped put together a couple of really great performing LT1's. The next of which is a 410ci, dart headed, wilson manifolded monster on the spray>>>>in a vert. ON THE BUMPER!!!

As far as my times go, look at the 60ft. I was trying to run a 26" tire and I could not get it to hook. Lost almost 3 full tenths at the 60ft and still ran that ET. If you are wondering why it only went 120, that is because I couldn't go any faster. The 26" tire had me bouncing off the rev limiter, 7000, at the 1000' mark. The car also weighed 3550 with me in it, stock driver seat, radio, carpet, full dash, stock brakes, ect...Got some new 28" DRs and some serious weight reduction, and a BUMPIER cam, I'll be providing some jaw dropping ETs very shortly.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:14 AM
Staging Lane

My car was a daily driver and race weight was 3550lbs.I am in the process of installing a kmember and various parts to reduce the weight. It will still be driven on the street daily. I don't know where my flow sheet went, but It was around 250 at .500 on the intake. The exhaust flowed very well. Flow benches are like dynos, each is a little different.

Thanks for the numbers. I know flow benches are a little off but they should be pretty close.

I paid 800 dollars for the heads to be ported. I then just paid for the parts and Eric set them up for my cam. Are there any LE guys running quicker than my old times?
So how much do you have your heads total? 800 for porting, still gotta get valves,springs,retainers,seals,locks etc. Well over a thousand i would say, 1300 maybe? Did you assmble them? If not there is more money right there.

Dont take these questions as insults.

Tyler

Quick Reply: What Do I need to break 11's?!