LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

93 LT1 weak?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 12:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brett95z
I wouldnt say the 93's are the strongest. Id consider all lt1's pretty much equal. Some just have better features that make life easier when modding
I was thinking like a 96 or 97 because its more recent, but anyways so u think a 93 or a 95 would be better for modding?
Old 06-20-2005, 07:45 AM
On The Tree

If you look at 93's you want a car with the PEG II (performance option ) which is the 3:23 gears and M29 trans. Easy to tell, the car has a 150 MPH speed-o and 245 tires ( if they are still running stock size ). ( if the car is an automatic you cannot put the shifter into 1st gear even though it's on the console, there is a pin that prevents the shifter from going into 1st ).

The none-performance package has a 120 MPH speed-o, 235 tires and 2:73 gears.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've had, 93, 94 (two, Z28's) and two 97's (t/a, Z28). Out of all the cars I would say my favorite was my first 94 but thats kinda biased cause it was my first f-body and was something I learned on and really created my persona on. The only reason I don't still own that car was because it was tragically totalled back in 00. Next to that, my favorite is the current car wich is the 93 Z28. 1993 6-speed (M28) Z28's with t-tops are pretty rare cars so I went ahead and picked this one up. Before I took it apart it was a fun little car and I was pretty surprised at how much quicker it felt than the other cars. It's been long proven that the speed density cars were quicker stock for stock but it's hard to find anything stock these days anyway and even if you do you'll eventually throw some mods to it. It's enevitable

Some people are turned of by the gauges but they can be replaced. Some people are turned off by the interior but that can be replaced. 93 is the only year for speed density, otherwise it's the same LT1 as the others. Sure a couple things are different (i.e. rails, opti) but that stuff can be replaced too if you want it looking more like 94-up under there. So your decision shouldn't really be based on appearances in my opinion but moreso on engine management. I specifically bought the 93 for the speed density....
Old 06-20-2005, 07:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by The Big Show
I've had, 93, 94 (two, Z28's) and two 97's (t/a, Z28). Out of all the cars I would say my favorite was my first 94 but thats kinda biased cause it was my first f-body and was something I learned on and really created my persona on. The only reason I don't still own that car was because it was tragically totalled back in 00. Next to that, my favorite is the current car wich is the 93 Z28. 1993 6-speed (M28) Z28's with t-tops are pretty rare cars so I went ahead and picked this one up. Before I took it apart it was a fun little car and I was pretty surprised at how much quicker it felt than the other cars. It's been long proven that the speed density cars were quicker stock for stock but it's hard to find anything stock these days anyway and even if you do you'll eventually throw some mods to it. It's enevitable

Some people are turned of by the gauges but they can be replaced. Some people are turned off by the interior but that can be replaced. 93 is the only year for speed density, otherwise it's the same LT1 as the others. Sure a couple things are different (i.e. rails, opti) but that stuff can be replaced too if you want it looking more like 94-up under there. So your decision shouldn't really be based on appearances in my opinion but moreso on engine management. I specifically bought the 93 for the speed density....
Do you have any pictures or anything of that 93, because im not really familiar with the interior everyone's complaining about and or the yellow gauges..
Old 06-20-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

On 94+ The lettering on the gauges is red. On 93s it is tacky yellow. I prefer 95s, thats why i drive one. If your looking to modify your car, keep it obd-1, it will be easier.
Old 06-21-2005, 09:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WS6T/A98
Do you have any pictures or anything of that 93, because im not really familiar with the interior everyone's complaining about and or the yellow gauges..
I haven't taken any pictures in a while but I'm sure you can go on the web and find some. I changed out my intire interior to 97 style leather so pictures of that wouldn't help ya but another search should get ya some pics.

The gauges on the 93 look like yellow gauges that have been in the sun too long.

Quick Reply: 93 LT1 weak?