Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 02:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

front main seal leak always happens on firebires and camaros
Old 07-01-2005, 04:17 PM
Teching In

turns out the headers "crimped" the dipstick, causing oil to come out of the dipstick tube... whatever, it is fixed now... The codes were for crapped out oxygen sensors, they are "fixed" now as well, but when I drive it now, it doesn't feel or sound as powerful as it did before I got anything fixed... Could it be running too lean?
Old 07-01-2005, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pull your battery out for atleast 10 minutes to let the PCM reset. It is still trying to run under the tune it was using for when your car was acting poorly. Eventually it will sort out on its own, but resetting is quicker and more efficient. BTW..white smoke is water and only water so check your oil for coolant qand your coolant for oil. You can pull your thermostat out of the intake and look at the coolant to see if oil is floating around or you can drain some into a container.
Old 07-01-2005, 07:02 PM
Teching In

someone hates me very much... now, the car has lost an extreme amount of power, making a horrible clicking noise (sounds like an exhaust or some kind of air leak)... the car is idingly terribly, etc... last person that looked at it said it sounds like a vacuum leak or exhaust leak... He said they might have left an oxygen sensor off when they "fixed" them... Either way, I am taking it to Perry Reynolds (Performance Car Care) tomorrow cause I know he will get the damn thing fixed once and for all and maybe, just for a second, I will get to drive my new car while it is running perfectly...
Old 07-01-2005, 08:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

a couple of times after i worked on my car, i left my intake elbow on all crappy and there was a leak there and that made it really crappy....maybe check that.....
Old 07-02-2005, 11:57 AM
Teching In

new info... headers are leaking exhaust, now the header gasket on one side has to be replaced. The place that "fixed" my oil leak told me they put a new dipstick tube in, but in reality, they stuck the old one in there and tried to use resin to stop the oil leak... didn't work... So now, I won't have the car back until Thursday, after about $500 worth of repairs (I shouldn't have to pay all of that due to the warranty), so maybe then all will be ok...
Old 07-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Teching In

should i go ahead and get both header gaskets replaced?

Quick Reply: 1995 Formula LT1 problem