LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 driveability help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 04:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 driveability help!!!!

hey guys i just put my friends 94 LT1 back together and runs great. but every now and then the car will hesitate real bad. i pulld three codes a 13, 33, 44. i know it will help when i get the header welded back to the y pipe. had to cut to pull head. i alot of it is the tune (mail order from pcm4less) and also the stock torque converter it still has. but have you guys seen any of these codes and have any ideas
Old 07-06-2005, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

13 Bank 1 (left) Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Circuit (open circuit)
33 Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor circuit (signal voltage high, low vacuum)
44 Bank 1 (left) Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Circuit (lean exhaust indicated)

What were you doing to the car?

check the harnnes that runs to the drivers side 02. Make sure that it't connected well and not burning up on the headers.

again depending on what you did to the car will tell the story of what you need to check. We need some more info
Old 07-06-2005, 04:53 PM
TECH Regular

well it has LE heads and cam and the self aligning rockers had chewed up the spring retainers and one valve stem head. so i put in magnum 1.52 rockers, gm guide plates, and crane double springs. i pulled the left head to replace the #7 intake valve. but the car runs great then all of a sudden just starts sputtering and chugging. enough down shifting and playing with the throttle and you can get it going again. only is doing this every now and then. seems like when it gets hot.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:50 PM
12 Second Club

Mine does the same thing when it gets hot.. god only knows what it is but I'm about to pay someone to fix it.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:42 AM
TECH Regular

well last night at work i pulled the left 02 wiring harness and gound a few cuts in the wire and taped around those and rerouted then i have a tech 1 hooked up and noticed that i had 4mv in closed loop and that is when it ran like ***. so i put an 02 in it and so far is has seemed to fix it. no just need to get the header welded i think that is some of it too.