LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

94 LT1 13's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokedOutZ28
get the power tune.. i think it's $150 fill out the sheet of you mods send it to him and he will emial you details on how to send the pcm and turn around time, he will tune your car best for your mods.. also if you like you can have him adjust your fan temp on and off time differently mine are set on like this low @172 off @168 and the high speed on @178 off @ 172 and it usually keeps my temps around 180 of coarse he didn't recommend that for emission reasons but in MI no Emissions so i was able to do that.
How much hp is expected with the power tune? Were there any dyno charts or anything? Or did you get yours dynoed when you got it done? Also, when he sends it in the mail, what is it exactly? How do I put it on my car? Is it like a hypertech programmer or something? Thanks for the help.
Old 07-12-2005, 04:35 AM
11 Second Club

They typical gain is 13 RWHP but if you need a opti or somethings wrong that may affect performance then your car will probably not gain that much. i had mine dynoed at speed Inc and i just compared it to my base run... What you will revieve in the mail is a whole new pcm thats been reprogramed to your mods you will swap it in and send your stocker back. also it's $125 according to his site + the core and shipping. and you will need a 160 t-stat to help with the cooling of the engine.
Old 07-12-2005, 06:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Camaro 0wner
How much hp is expected with the power tune? Were there any dyno charts or anything? Or did you get yours dynoed when you got it done? Also, when he sends it in the mail, what is it exactly? How do I put it on my car? Is it like a hypertech programmer or something? Thanks for the help.
The point of the mailorder tune isn't really to increase power but to keep the car running smoothly after a bevy of modifcations. Usually you will send your entire PCM out to the company. PCM being the gray box on the passenger side near the firewall.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SmokedOutZ28
They typical gain is 13 RWHP but if you need a opti or somethings wrong that may affect performance then your car will probably not gain that much. i had mine dynoed at speed Inc and i just compared it to my base run... What you will revieve in the mail is a whole new pcm thats been reprogramed to your mods you will swap it in and send your stocker back. also it's $125 according to his site + the core and shipping. and you will need a 160 t-stat to help with the cooling of the engine.
I already have a 160' thermostat, so i'm ok with that. So, I order it online and when I recieve it, send my original back to them. It's called the power tune, correct? So, will this tune make my car rev higher and get rid of the top speed limiter also?

Oh and by the way, when you ordered yours, how long did it take to come in the mail. I just wanted an idea, so I can work the days out right.

Quick Reply: 94 LT1 13's?