LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

missing at idle

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 09:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default missing at idle

my cas started missing bad one night while i was driving. i took it home and i put in some seafoam to see if it would run better, well it did not help so i started to se what my problem was, well i used my friends auto tap to see what was happening. well my front two o2's were reading 10Mv. so i had then replaced, while i was doing that i also replaced the spark plugs. the car seemed to run better, then it started to do it again, i replaced the wires and at idel it runs rough, but when i drive it, ithe power is all back. it only misses at idle. what is going on, i still have a 1/4 tank of gas with sea foam in it. Would the sea foam be causing my Missing at idle

Maedgo
96 trans am
Old 07-29-2005, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I doubt it would be the seafoam, that stuff worked wonders on my car... It might be your optispark but I'm not sure if that causes missing... anyway, sorry I couldn't be more help... and bump.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:08 AM
Teching In

whats seafoam? what does it do?
Old 08-02-2006, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seafoam is an injector cleaner...it helps clean out anything fuel touches in the car....
kind of out on a limb but my car started being stupid at idle when the water pump siezed.
was fine at revs except for the temps getting WAY too high. if your temps are fine then thats not your problem, just telling what I know.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:43 AM
Teching In

Exclamation

well my car idle dips well past 500 and the power gauge is low as well even at high revs, but at stops the idle turns to crap and it's shut off on me. It's draining the battery I replaced the alternator and the battery. Power gauge is still low and it ran ok idle still low for a day the it did it again power gauge started getting lower. Now the car has trouble stating. Help

Last edited by Mamiph; 08-02-2006 at 02:46 AM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: missing at idle