LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Pic of my new project (LT4 w/ "E" victor intake etc)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So the victor e will bolt on with no problems just some minor adjustments of center bolts on the intake ?
Old 08-11-2005, 08:10 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by taner
i have gone 9.60 on my stock pcm when ihad it. it looks great. i thought about that route as well. but went with the hogan

are there provisions for a fogger on this intake?

thanks
Thanks Taner...................you will have to drill for a fogger system on this intake. How is your car running?
Old 08-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Staging Lane

I thought i would ask but would this intake swap be a good idea or over kill for a stock bottom end heads and cam car. My heads flow 260,180 and my cam is 236/245 with 608/613 lift with 1.6 rr's on 112 lsa. It is a HR cam also. Thanks for any input.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think this intake would help on just about any type of application for the most part I would say for your setup it would be more minimum, but you could always upgrade (more cubes, better heads) and still have the Single plain to work with your bigger and better flowing setip setup. Thats my opinion. BTW a single plain cam would be vastly different that a LTX intake cam. The duration, LSA, and Lift play a different role between the 2 intakes.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

nice looking motor. look ssimilar to mine

click for pics

its for sale too
400ci afr 215RR heads. very nice solid roller setup.
low cr.

brook
Old 08-12-2005, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

aggie wnat intake are you using the Victor E, Super vic, or the Victor JR. Brett Bauer said that the Super vic was the best out of all of them, but it is a little taller, I am just looking to see if a Super vic with a Milled elbow with fit under my LS1 Ws6 front clip that I have on my car.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would like to know this also........
Old 08-12-2005, 08:34 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by T/A KID
aggie wnat intake are you using the Victor E, Super vic, or the Victor JR. Brett Bauer said that the Super vic was the best out of all of them, but it is a little taller, I am just looking to see if a Super vic with a Milled elbow with fit under my LS1 Ws6 front clip that I have on my car.
There are some pictures of my motor with The Super Vic that Bret did for me on my cardomain site
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/827450/2
Old 08-12-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Z8's Did you have the elbow milled at all. What does your INTAKE setup consist of. I think I see some type of Nirtous plate between the elbow and intake. I have been told the Super vic is appx 1 inch taller than the Victor E and JR versions. Brett told me he could get the super vic to work effeciant between the 2500-7000 RPM well, the super vic is 10lbs lighter and flows alot better than the other 2. I heard a few saying on camaroZ28.com (Squinn and altajar) that the Super vic with a milled elbow would fit under a stock trans am or Z28 LT1 hood. Again from your pics it looks like it sticks up quite a bit, but it looks like you have some goodies within the intake setup. Could you tell me your thoughts. Also, if you don't mind telling me but is that a 90 Accufab and a 100 degree wilson or 90. Just Trying to get and idea here. Thanks man BTW congrats on the 8's must be cool, lol
Old 08-13-2005, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Z8'S, very good looking car I like the front end for the IC, i think. anyhow just like to hear the answers to T/A's questions too.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Z8's, what's your best time with that new motor?

Raymond
Old 08-13-2005, 11:18 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by T/A KID
Hey Z8's Did you have the elbow milled at all. What does your INTAKE setup consist of. I think I see some type of Nirtous plate between the elbow and intake. I have been told the Super vic is appx 1 inch taller than the Victor E and JR versions. Brett told me he could get the super vic to work effeciant between the 2500-7000 RPM well, the super vic is 10lbs lighter and flows alot better than the other 2. I heard a few saying on camaroZ28.com (Squinn and altajar) that the Super vic with a milled elbow would fit under a stock trans am or Z28 LT1 hood. Again from your pics it looks like it sticks up quite a bit, but it looks like you have some goodies within the intake setup. Could you tell me your thoughts. Also, if you don't mind telling me but is that a 90 Accufab and a 100 degree wilson or 90. Just Trying to get and idea here. Thanks man BTW congrats on the 8's must be cool, lol
The elbow hasn't been milled at all ,Craig at GTP wanted as much plenum volume as possible with this set up. There is a one inch phenolic spacer for again more plenum. The intake setup includes Super Vic with coolant crossovers removed ,lifter vally removed and carbon fiber in its place done by Bret Bauer.There has been A TON of welding and porting done to the elbow and intake and heads, looking thru the elbow is incredible to see all the work and the match is scary. The elbow is a wilson 100* 90-105mm with 4150 flange and a 105 mm Accufab throttlebody.I run a 4 inch cowl hood and everything is 1/4 inch clearence. Is it possible to fit under a stock hood?maybe with alot of
Old 08-13-2005, 11:22 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by '68LT1camaro
Hey Z8's, what's your best time with that new motor?

Raymond
Waitng for better weather to bring it back out ,hoping for 8.4's-8.5's
currently working on my new car 99 formula with a blower on it .For the street
Old 08-14-2005, 01:14 AM
TECH Regular

I'm a little lost here.......what happens to the MAF sensor????
and do you have to get the Victor E intake ported or does it flow 320+ cfm out the box??............seriously thinking of ditching my LT4intake for this set-up.......hoping they havent started the port job on it yet.
Old 08-14-2005, 01:47 AM
Launching!

this setup with a nice 4 barrel tb sittin on top with a nice plate setup then add a dfi dual sync dist and dfi ecm controlling the whole thing oh man that may be something for my next tax return as i was already thinkin about doin a dfi setup next spring
mainly because i want to run a dist and get rid of my opti spark.

something to make me go HHHHHUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Z8's
i thought the vic e was the only one with injector bungs in it already or did yall have the super vic machined for the injectors?

everyone that has this setup in the thread very nice setup guys its nice to see some alternatives for the lt1/lt4 intakes that flow good and also that intake is alot better design for flow.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:17 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by asudecat
I'm a little lost here.......what happens to the MAF sensor????
and do you have to get the Victor E intake ported or does it flow 320+ cfm out the box??............seriously thinking of ditching my LT4intake for this set-up.......hoping they havent started the port job on it yet.

Well.....That depends on if you still have stock PCM or not. If you have stock pcm......you just include the MAF sensor in the tubing somerwhere between the T-body and the air filter. DFI, FAST systems are speed density and do not use MAF sensors. It utilizes the Volumetric Efficiency tables instead of MAF readings. You will need to port the runners of the Victor "E" intake to flow the upper cfm #'s.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:24 AM
TECH Regular

Would this be a good idea for me if im trying to keep it streetable. And I mean this thing will prob get around 200 miles a week, driving to school and back. haha will I be ok with a 550rwhp beast like this on the streets everyday or should I stick with my LT4 set-up?
Old 08-14-2005, 11:20 AM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
Well.....That depends on if you still have stock PCM or not. If you have stock pcm......you just include the MAF sensor in the tubing somerwhere between the T-body and the air filter. DFI, FAST systems are speed density and do not use MAF sensors. It utilizes the Volumetric Efficiency tables instead of MAF readings. You will need to port the runners of the Victor "E" intake to flow the upper cfm #'s.
Tony, you don't have to use a MAF with the stock PCM, there is a bit you set to select speed density mode. You then use the VE tables there as well. I've been runing mine that way since last Nov. If I can get past the 7300 RPM limit, I'll keep the stock box in mine. If I can't spank that little 7300 deal by end of summer, I'll change it to a F.A.S.T. system for next year.

Ed
Old 08-14-2005, 12:37 PM
Teching In

Tony,

What is the part number for the accu fab throttle body. I have the exact same setup as yours and I am looking for a throttlebody.

Michael

Also, what do you have in the intake runner of number eight. Edelbrock has large hole tapped and by the looks of it you have something threaded into it.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:07 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
Tony, you don't have to use a MAF with the stock PCM, there is a bit you set to select speed density mode. You then use the VE tables there as well. I've been runing mine that way since last Nov. If I can get past the 7300 RPM limit, I'll keep the stock box in mine. If I can't spank that little 7300 deal by end of summer, I'll change it to a F.A.S.T. system for next year.

Ed

Thats right Ed...I forgot about that. I still us a MAF on mine. The ZO6 one works great.

Quick Reply: Pic of my new project (LT4 w/ "E" victor intake etc)