LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Pic of my new project (LT4 w/ "E" victor intake etc)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 02:09 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Black95Form
Tony,

What is the part number for the accu fab throttle body. I have the exact same setup as yours and I am looking for a throttlebody.

Michael

Also, what do you have in the intake runner of number eight. Edelbrock has large hole tapped and by the looks of it you have something threaded into it.

I have a fitting in it for the brake booster vaccum. You will also need to drill and tap fittings for the MAP sensor, and fuel pressure regulator in the PTE elbow.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tony,

Do you mind telling me the part number of the accu fab throttle body you are using?

Michael
Old 08-14-2005, 02:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

can someone answer my question??
thanks
Old 08-14-2005, 02:40 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black95Form
Tony,

Do you mind telling me the part number of the accu fab throttle body you are using?

Michael

It is this one here:

http://www.raceprovenmotors.com/cart...roducts_id=393
Old 08-14-2005, 02:44 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by asudecat
Would this be a good idea for me if im trying to keep it streetable. And I mean this thing will prob get around 200 miles a week, driving to school and back. haha will I be ok with a 550rwhp beast like this on the streets everyday or should I stick with my LT4 set-up?

It would work great as long as it is tuned properly. You need to remember.....doing this conversion is not a direct bolt on job. Takes some machining and fabricating knowledge. You will have to figure out a throttle cable bracket, clearancing issues, etc. If you have the time an knowledge to attack this stuff.....then I say go for it. It not....stay with your LT4 manifold.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:57 PM
TECH Regular

thankyou for answering.
I will be doing the tune from PCMforless then dyno tune from G-Force in houston. Is this a good idea?
I dont think I will have a prob fabing the Custom Air Intake....maybe challenging but we can do it. I have the WS9 hood........if it fits under your hood .....it should fit under mine. I just need to make sure i've got everything planned out.
Im still not even sure what's better to go with. I was reading on camaroZ28.com and they are talking about the Super Vic. and from what I understand the Victor E and the Super Vic are different. The super Vic runs from 3500-8000 and the victor E from 4500-8500. To me I think it would be better to go with the Super vic since im running stock PCM and the power band starts at 3500. and I wont even race much until another year or so. I will just have to do some more reading and research on this stuff to fig out what is best for me. The shop doing my machine work and pretty much my whole motor is LME in houston. SO I will call them tomorrow and talk it over withe them.
Old 08-14-2005, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Tony I called portpros and talked to the owner about your car, But I forgot to ask him about the hood your are running, do you mind sharing. I can't wait to see dyno numbers, do you happen to know when. Also how is your arm doing, I heard you broke it. Get well soon and get us some updates man, Thanks
Old 08-14-2005, 05:35 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
Thats right Ed...I forgot about that. I still us a MAF on mine. The ZO6 one works great.
I ran the Z06 unit for about three years. Going speed density was barely 6 rwhp, and that was only above 6000. Certainy no big deal power-wise. It is now more finicky about the tuning with weather changes. Makes the air temp correction tables much more important. Dont know that I would bother to do it again.

Ed
Old 08-14-2005, 05:57 PM
8 Second Club

T/A Kid............... I use a Suncoast SS hood. Works great with this intake setup. Thanks....I did break my arm last week. Should be back to normal soon!

Ed................. Have you ever been able to graph MAF readings to use on the VE tables with speed density? Seems like somehow you could graph the pre-maf readings at RPM vs MAP to get a baseline tune for speed density. Then after you get close with those #'s.....tweek the VE tables where you want them.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:21 PM
TECH Regular

T/A Kid you have a PM.
PM me when you get a chance
Old 08-14-2005, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

Default LT-X intake

This is one of steve quinns LT-X intakes. It was made from a LT-4 intake and modified. I picked up approx. 3 tenths just swaping from a LT-4 with my street motor setup. It really needs more RPM to take advantage of the larger plenum volume. T
Attached Thumbnails Pic of my new project  (LT4 w/ "E" victor intake etc)-01_00a.jpg  

Last edited by Tonyss1; 08-14-2005 at 08:36 PM. Reason: attach pic
Old 08-14-2005, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well steve can duplicate that intake for 1,500 + a core but I would probably rather go with the Single plain myself, Steve actually converted himself too a single plain as well, a Super Vic I believe. That intake on Steves car is a Bad sucker, lol Lots, and Lots of work, Probably similiar to ED's INtake.

ED what are your thoughts on the 85MM Z06 MAF sensor, I have heard pretty good things from it, A guy over here at camaroZ28.com made and additional 20RWHP and about 30RWTQ with his stroked LT4 with a big SR in it. I suppose there is a limit to when the 75MM stocker is not effecient anymore, I would like to hear your thoughts on this. Also the 85MM setup would mate well with the 90MM TB in sizing. Not to bad of a price either for around $150.

asudecat I don't know how much I can help, but I can try and help you some, (I am still learning as well)
Old 08-14-2005, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well steve can duplicate that intake for 1,500 + a core but I would probably rather go with the Single plain myself, Steve actually converted himself too a single plain as well, a Super Vic I believe. That intake on Steves car is a Bad sucker, lol Lots, and Lots of work, Probably similiar to ED's INtake.

ED what are your thoughts on the 85MM Z06 MAF sensor, I have heard pretty good things from it, A guy over here at camaroZ28.com made and additional 20RWHP and about 30RWTQ with his stroked LT4 with a big SR in it. I suppose there is a limit to when the 75MM stocker is not effecient anymore, I would like to hear your thoughts on this. Also the 85MM setup would mate well with the 90MM TB in sizing. Not to bad of a price either for around $150.

asudecat I don't know how much I can help, but I can try and help you some, (I am still learning as well)
Old 08-15-2005, 12:01 PM
9-Second Club

Originally Posted by Tony Shepherd
T/A Kid............... I use a Suncoast SS hood. Works great with this intake setup. Thanks....I did break my arm last week. Should be back to normal soon!

Ed................. Have you ever been able to graph MAF readings to use on the VE tables with speed density? Seems like somehow you could graph the pre-maf readings at RPM vs MAP to get a baseline tune for speed density. Then after you get close with those #'s.....tweek the VE tables where you want them.
Tony, I never tied that. Might be able to do that somehow. I just walk through the V.E. table on the dyno, watching fuel trims at each break point in the table. A lot of time for just 6 rwhp.

The MAF sensor is not the big restriction most make it out to be. I'm relived to see most members here voted a stock MAF best choice recently (finally). Ron Zimmer, Steve Cole, Steve Madole (at Superchips Inc) and I have all preached that for almost 10 years, and guys were still butchering them, or adding aftermarket ends. Got to where if somebody told me they had "ported" the MAF, I would just say "Sorry, I can't help you". No two butcher jobs came out calibrated the same. No way you can do it long distance. Under 450 rwhp I can make the same power with a stock LT1 unit.

Take care, Ed
Old 08-15-2005, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

ED are you saying with more than 450RWHP a upgraded MAF sensor is needed then. 450RWHP is not hard to break IMO nowadys a little heads and cam with some spray can Easily break that. I know a few stock bottomend LT1's with heads, cam breaking that, LOL look at your car.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:43 PM
9-Second Club

Originally Posted by T/A KID
ED are you saying with more than 450RWHP a upgraded MAF sensor is needed then. 450RWHP is not hard to break IMO nowadys a little heads and cam with some spray can Easily break that. I know a few stock bottomend LT1's with heads, cam breaking that, LOL look at your car.
I never said 450 rwhp was hard to make, it's actually no big deal to do at all.
What I said was, I could make the same power around that level, and below, with a stock untouched sensor. Above that I like to use the 85mm Z06 & truck MAF. I do NOT think hacking the air straightening vane out of the center is very smart. The GM engineers weren't looking for a place to stuff some extra aluminium they needed to dispose of, the vanes are in there for a reason. Even around 500 rwhp, the gains with an 85mm, or even no MAF, are very small.

Ed
Old 08-15-2005, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Can you run a sbc style dist. with the super vic intake? Also is the angle of the intake the same as the heads or does that need to be milled? Does this intake work with lt1 or lt4 heads?
Old 08-16-2005, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

the intake i used was a raised runner vic jr.
i chose that one because i wanted it to fit under an ss hood. the raised runner super vic was a decent amount taller than a regualr super vic.

brook
Old 08-16-2005, 08:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Aggie have you sold that beast Yet.

Also man you said you were running a RAISED Victor JR, how does that compare in height to the regular Super Vic.
I was not aware they made a Raised Super vic though.

Do you happen to know the part numbers. I believe the regular SUper vic is like 2925 I believe. Do you happen to know the part number to the other two. Thanks
BTW you would not be interested in selling just your intake setup would ya. I may be interested.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

The raised Victor Jr and the Super Vic are about exactly the same height.
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...mensions.shtml

Quick Reply: Pic of my new project (LT4 w/ "E" victor intake etc)