LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

opticrap strikes again..

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 08:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default opticrap strikes again..

got the new engine in the car. got everything hooked up and fired it up. Ran great. Yeah ran. Was in the process of finshing up the car, (bleedin brakes, charge a/c ect...) Went to start it up again, and no spark.

Checked everything, coil grounds, ect... last but not least opticrap. It had water in it Brand new. lol oh well. We had a few in the shop we wern't sure if they worked or not so we tried a few and got one that worked, just to be sure. Get the new one today. HATE THESE THINGS
Old 08-10-2005, 09:02 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.delteq.com
Old 08-10-2005, 11:28 AM
Teching In

is the delteq good? does it really eliminate most of the optispark issues?
Old 08-10-2005, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

basically turns the optispark into a glorified cam position sensor

only problem i have with the delteq is the fact that i don't know the solvency of the delteq corporation .... i dunno if they'll be around in 5-10 years or what....

i guess if it really came down to it, could always just go back to stock .... but yea afaik the delteq eliminates a ton of optispark problems....

edit: and oh yea, the only other problem i have with the delteq is the valve cover mounting bracket... if they can send you a more sturdy piece or something that isn't so cumbersome to mount, that'd be another recommendation

Last edited by pillagenburn; 08-10-2005 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:49 AM
12 Second Club

I've heard nothing but problems with the Deltec on the other boards so I'd be a bit weary and do some more research
Old 08-11-2005, 10:10 AM
TECH Regular

smokinlt1, post links to posts where people have had issues with the delteq. I've not heard of such things. Mine runs fine thus far, and with proper installation it seems to run great
Old 08-12-2005, 01:18 AM
On The Tree

delteq still runs off the opti. a bad optical sensor will still cause a stir. so will a dousing of water and a corroded rotor. same problems, but just not as magnified. i really like the opti. it does an excellent job at....its job. just don't give gthe darn thing a bath. thye are pretty tough. and i have the unvented version, although i really am doubtful about how much better the veneted one is as long as you take care of your car.

mine went bad at 132k because i gave it a coolant bath. three times.

Quick Reply: opticrap strikes again..