3.73 rearend
Hypertech PP3
K/N air filiter
Off Road Y-pipe
Flowmaster Cat-back
Some Free Mods
52mm throttle body
TB Air Foil
LT-4 Knock Mod(Not sure if that made any difference)

And I am thinking about getting pulleys. Crank and Alt

WHAT NEXT?

Any advice would be great thanks!

Would fuel injectors be a good Idea with the Air flow I have created with the Y-pipe,flowmaster,52mm throttle body and removing the air grate in the intake Also possible Nitrous Kit in mind?

Any advice would be great thanks!
Old 09-21-2005 | 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Would fuel injectors be a good Idea with the Air flow I have created with the Y-pipe,flowmaster,52mm throttle body and removing the air grate in the intake Also possible Nitrous Kit in mind?
no, your not even close to needing higher flowing injectors yet.

And I am thinking about getting pulleys. Crank and Alt
I've heard nothing but bad things about these pulley kits for lt1's. They dim your lights, and give no power gains.

I go with some 1.6 RR, cai, nitrous and an electric cutout.
Old 09-21-2005 | 03:42 PM
TECH Regular

Headers!
No need for injectors now, you'll need them with big cams/cubes. Get long tube headers now and after that 1.6 rockers.
Old 09-21-2005 | 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If your car is an A4, get a converter! By far the biggest gaining mod I did. I gained .7 in the 1/4 mile when I put my 3500 stall in.
Old 09-21-2005 | 04:55 PM
Launching!

That and converters are just waay too much fun to play with.
It's like...getting a whole new car there for awhile.
Old 09-21-2005 | 05:22 PM
Staging Lane

like mentioned above skip the pullies nothing but a pita! I would go with a set of pacesetter longtubes and a Cold Air Intake (CAI). Converter and nitrous is also a another good idea, but id go with longtubes before you do any of that.
Old 09-21-2005 | 06:52 PM
12 Second Club

That air flow you created...is choked up more than a widow at a funeral. LT1s have horrid stock induction systems, replace that with a K&N or Moroso. That will benefit the 52mm TB. Stock Manifolds do nothing to help out that off-road y-pipe. and whatever airflow that has been pushed back that far, is choked off by the Blowmaster exhaust.

MOD IN THIS ORDER.....

CAI, LTs, Different Catback or Cutout. then get you a converter and spray the **** out of her. You may wanna upgrade the fuel system, mainly the fuel pump, at that point and time, otherwise wait until you hit about 375rw N/A before upgrading injectors.

Last edited by The LT1 That Could; 09-21-2005 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-21-2005 | 07:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by The LT1 That Could
That air flow you created...is choked up more than a widow at a funeral. LT1s have horrid stock induction systems, replace that with a K&N or Moroso. That will benefit the 52mm TB. Stock Manifolds do nothing to help out that off-road y-pipe. and whatever airflow that has been pushed back that far, is choked off by the Blowmaster exhaust.

MOD IN THIS ORDER.....

CAI, LTs, Different Catback or Cutout. then get you a converter and spray the **** out of her. You may wanna upgrade the fuel system, mainly the fuel pump, at that point and time, otherwise wait until you hit about 375rw N/A before upgrading injectors.
Unchoke your intake first...then the exhaust, at least headers, pref LT's If your a a4 a converter is a Must, they are so much fun besides the performance gain..
Old 09-22-2005 | 02:28 PM
Launching!

Default Exhaust?

Okay so as far as exhaust.

I have the flowmaster, which everyone is saying is not enought flow.

What are some better suggestions.

I Thought that the lest restricting exhaust such as Loudmouth or TSP rumbler is more for highway instead of 0 to 60 or 1/4 mile

Is this true or was I told wrong?

What about

Hooker
or tsp rumbler

I am not sure how great tsp rumbler will be driving though my quiet town at night time with the over population of shady blood sucking cops we have.

perhaps hooker with a cut-out?

Let me know
Thanks
Old 09-22-2005 | 05:45 PM
12 Second Club

airflow is airflow...doesnt matter whether you r on the highway or the track, the more airflow the faster exhuast gaes will be pushed out.

hooker is nice and quiet when capped. run you a cutout for the track and u will be set.

also, just FYI, i have seen before a car lose 1rwhp going from open cutout to closed cutout with hooker catback. They are great flowing systems with looks and price to match.

TSP rumbler is just as good a catback, but is going to be louder than the Hooker. not annyoyingly loud, but it will definately be more noticeable.
Old 09-22-2005 | 09:56 PM
Launching!

Default Headers

What type of headers

Short
mid
long.

Long will cause ground clearence problems right?

the y-pipe I have hooks up to shortys.

What would be the best choice,
Old 09-22-2005 | 10:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by edlt1
What type of headers

Short
mid
long.

Just to give you an idea, I have pacesetter longtubes and eibach prokit lowering springs. I have yet to hit anything on the ypipe or the headers. Trust us, get longtubes. You can find coated pacesetters with y pipe for around $450-500.
Old 09-23-2005 | 02:48 PM
Launching!

Even if I live in Michigan. The road suck.

I guess I will make this a summer project.

Thanks
Old 09-23-2005 | 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

if you worry a lot about ground clearance just get the coated mid-length headers pacesetter offers and that comes with a ypipe... and add the hooker on it and your exhaust should be done. After that your going to want to guy a CAI and get your throttle body ported, hell you could port it yourself, i ported my throttle body and there was a noticable difference in throttle response
Old 09-23-2005 | 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by edlt1
What type of headers

Short
mid
long.

I have a 97 Formula and I have the coated pacesetter LT's on the car and they are the best thing that I bought. They really opened the car up, I then did a cut out along with a Yank 3000 Stall. I had to get re-use to driving the car...it was really different. The headers may scrape if you go over a large speed bump but other then that they are fine.
Old 09-23-2005 | 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Whatever you do, DONT GET SHORTIES!!!!! Its not even worth the hassle of the install. Im running mids and getting ready to upgrade to LT's. If youre worried about clearance, get the mids.
Old 09-23-2005 | 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The LT1 That Could
airflow is airflow...doesnt matter whether you r on the highway or the track, the more airflow the faster exhuast gaes will be pushed out.

hooker is nice and quiet when capped. run you a cutout for the track and u will be set.

also, just FYI, i have seen before a car lose 1rwhp going from open cutout to closed cutout with hooker catback. They are great flowing systems with looks and price to match.

TSP rumbler is just as good a catback, but is going to be louder than the Hooker. not annyoyingly loud, but it will definately be more noticeable.

Yeah you got that right! I have a crap master on mine, and with the LT's on the car and the cut out open my car is crazy loud!!! And its just a bolt on car...LOL!
Old 09-23-2005 | 06:10 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by brandboZ28
Whatever you do, DONT GET SHORTIES!!!!! Its not even worth the hassle of the install. Im running mids and getting ready to upgrade to LT's. If youre worried about clearance, get the mids.
ditto, get ya some LTs, you won't be dissapointed.
Old 09-23-2005 | 09:24 PM
Launching!

alright so some long tubes. Pacesetter.

Long tubes and Hooker cat back, perhaps with a cut out even though it sound like i may not need it.

I have a 2000 stall converter that I got when I rebuilt my trans. I believe is the a4 Its the 4 speed.

So after the long tubes and hooker

will I be ready for a cam?

Lt4 cam kit
or something better.

What other small mods would be easy to do at the same time as the cam?

Thanks again guys

your really helping me out a lot
Old 09-23-2005 | 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Get a higher stall converter and put a cam and valvetrain in it! Buy some sticky tires and hold on!

Quick Reply: Next Step? LT1 Mods?