LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

I destroyd my CAT!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 09:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bansheeracer33572
hes right about the cat, its not a filter, its a honey comb, what it is is a comb made out of ceramic, the engine ehaust heats up the ceramic causing the material on the ceramic to get hotter and to burn the rest of the fuel out the ehaust thus lowering emissions....also, if you would have emptyd out the cat in your garage like i did you would have also found that there is a good amount of pure platinum inside the cats, it is a free mod and it does increase horsepower and torque, but it can through off the 02 sensor if you have downstrem sensor, i learned this from the cat om my first car, a 1997 chevy cavileir( peice of **** at that). oh yeah, dont breathe in any of the dust it will hurt you.
Its a 93. No O2's after the cat.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if there is any of the honeycomb left in the garage, sweep it up, and throw it in an outside dumpster....and be happy the comb came aprt while driving, having to take out all of that material with a variety of long metal tools isnt fun, lol.

That's gotta be the easiest free mod ever, lol!! Congrats man!!
Old 10-07-2005, 10:53 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thankx guys, and when ment "filter" i was meaning the honeycomb stuff, im holding a piece in my hand it is like ceramic. My car sounds really raspy now, but really angry too.

Quick Reply: I destroyd my CAT!