LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Vid of my LT1 RX-7

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 04:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Smile Vid of my LT1 RX-7

Well, I am not sure if this is the proper forum for posting a clip of my car, but I'm doing it anyway . I posted a few months back with the dyno results and there seemed to be a few people interested, so I thought i'd treat you to a quick ride in the car. The car is a 1986 RX-7 GXL with a relatively stock '94 LT1/T56 putting out a dynoed 283 rwhp, and weighing in at about 2800#.

Ok, a few discaimers. I appologize that I was driving into the sun and that my windshield is incredibly dirty. Also, I know I was being an real baby around the corners and straight aways, but just know that it was one of the first times I had my car on the road so it was still in the "oh my God this thing is surely going to fall apart and i'm going to die" stage . Now that's outa the way you can't pick apart/make fun of my driving . At any rate, make sure to turn up the volume because this bad boy still has straight pipes!

Vid HERE
Old 10-24-2005, 04:55 PM
12 Second Club

Nice! What are your mods to the engine?
Old 10-24-2005, 05:13 PM
On The Tree

those straight pipes sound pretty mean dude. that motor with only 2800 pounds must be pretty damn sweet.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:07 PM
10 Second Club

it really is a near stock motor. i am running some hedman headers, air intake, and the computer has been reprogrammed by PCMforless to optimize a few things and remove VATS. i am also not running any belt driven accesories, only a low mounted alternator... this frees up a little horsepower from what i gather. future mods will include and not be limited to a llyod elliot head/cam package, a heathly shot of nitrous, and a fuel system upgrade. the problem with this project is it is at home in washington and i go to college in michigan . so i get to work on it for maybe a month or 2 of the year... but, there is a good possibility the car will be driven cross country soon. what else can i say but, 300 hp in a 2800# car is pretty damn sweet and i just love taking people for rides in it. it's also fun to show off to the small crowds it has gathered in the few weeks it's been running. the exhaust tone is quite mean right now, but it will unfortunately be muffled this christmas... magnaflow style. i also hope to get it on the track, i would love low 13's or high 12's... of course i will keep everyone updated. here's a few pics from the website in my sig.

oh ya, it might need a paint job to match the engine bay someday .
Old 10-24-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sweet. My friend has a 85 RX-7 with an 406 small block in it. Hard to get traction with 450hp and as light as that car is.

Quick Reply: Vid of my LT1 RX-7