LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

delteq and arcing wires

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 10:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's understood that all opti's that come from the parts stores are remans. I bought one from NAPA a few years ago and it was ****. Bought a new Delco and damn that car runs good now.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Launching!

but i only need the optical sensor cause i have the delteq. and the light on the opti box never blinks or anything indicating that they are out of sync unless that doesn't mean anything
Old 11-11-2005, 04:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Dude I would get a different set of wires on that car.

I recently ran into this problem with my car. I run the delteq too. But the problem ended up being a spark plug wire. The heat from the headers eventuall got to it, and it was breaking down the insulation, which was causeing arching. The problem would get worse as the car heated up, because the insulation would break down and wouldnt do its job.

Just one dam plug wire was causing my poor idle , stumbling etc. Try a different set of wires.

Mike
Old 11-11-2005, 08:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1BadAsZ
but i only need the optical sensor cause i have the delteq. and the light on the opti box never blinks or anything indicating that they are out of sync unless that doesn't mean anything
I've been down that road before. You can't get the optical only new. Any time you get an optical by itself, it will be a remanufactured unit from a parts store. You're wasting your time. I bit the bullet and bought the new opti. Believe me, it's worth the money to know your car is fixed. Have you scanned for codes? You should see "lo res failure" eventually if it's the optical. Mine didn't show for a while but it finally did and that's when I bought a new one.

Quick Reply: delteq and arcing wires