LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Is there no aftermarket Intake for the LT1/4

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 11:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there no aftermarket Intake for the LT1/4

I can't find anything except a carb convertion intake.
What are my options??? If any to stay EFI

1995 LT1/M6
Old 12-17-2005, 11:53 PM
Teching In

nothing unless you wanna get a single plane carb intake conveted for injection and then get a 4 barrel throttle body. i believe someone converterd a stealth ram for an lt1 but no one ever tested it so that might not even be much better.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

edelbrock has one, no idea if it is any better than stock though.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:16 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

For the average street LT1, a stock Lt1 Intake well worked with a good throttle body can make some great power.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:24 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by whynot

They had one. I don't believe the LTx intake they designed was ever produced. If it was I recall it was shortly pulled because no gains were made with it over the stock LtX intake.
Matt
Old 12-18-2005, 07:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by whynot
They tried they failed and there IS NOT one available though I believe it was listed in Summit for sale at one point. Much like the MSD cap and rotor were offered for sale a full year before they were actually available.

Lingenfelter adapted several TPI aftermarket intakes for use on the LT1 you are talking over $800 to make one work though and it not really being worth the gains.

On Gen1 motors the intakes were crap so intake upgrades were common and readily available, on gen 3s they went tuned intakes again to boost peak numbers at the expense of average this is why LSX motors can put down such massive peak numbers but then only do good not great at the strip so there are options ther as well.
For the LT1 they went untuned and really stumbled onto something all the math and theory says it should not work as well as it does on as broad a range of applications as it does. Not that it is perfect it just does a good job at everything it is asked too.
Also do not go thinking the LT1 and LT4 intakes are all that different from eachother, they are VERY similar neither being an upgrade over the other.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:21 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW, the engineer who designed the LT1 motor Ron Speary wanted to do a longer runner intake like the LS1 but wasn't allowed to by his bosses. When I talked to him at PRI he really wanted to put more runner length on the intake, I guess the good thing that came out of not being able to do that is the LS1.

I've converted single planes, Stealth Rams etc... and they are all a better choice compared to a LT1 intake.

Bret

Quick Reply: Is there no aftermarket Intake for the LT1/4