LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Abs Inop

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Abs Inop

I have a problem, when i turn on the hazzard lights the abs inop light comes on. After i turn the hazzrds off the light stays on until i turn the car off then back on again. Is there any reason for this??
Old 01-25-2006, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was doing this also, but not with the hazard lights... That I know of anyway. I always noticed it when the headlights were on and I used a turn signal. It wouldnt happen at all unless the headlights were on though. My car is equipped with TCS, so when the ABS inop light comes on, so does the TCS-off light.
So Im guessing that the ABS/TCS systems somehow tie into the lighting system or the turn signal switch. Then when the conditions are met, a problem arises.
Ive posted on several other boards about this and got no helpfull replies at all. It seems that like me, not many people know about these systems and how they correlate with each other.
If someone could point out how and why the systems are connected, Im sure I could find the problem.
If anyone can give some insight, it'd be much appreciated.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i havent had not other problems out of it. I dont have tcs though. I hooked it up to a snap on scan tool and got nothing.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:48 PM
On The Tree

check your third brake light. it will set off the abs inop light.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:54 PM
Banned

Fire67 that sig pic is wayyy to big your probly going to have to get it taken off or removed, Try asking the dealership they might know whats wrong although they charge 50 or so an hour just to TELL you whats wrong, lol....
Old 01-25-2006, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

LS1 GG:Thanks for the heads up on pic size... I gotta figure out how to shrink it.
VanbibberLT1: I just checked my third brakelight and noticed its bad.. Its replaced now, just have to wait till the new motor is in to check it out.
Whats with these cars, just before the motor, I kept having the drivers side brakelight go out. But the bulb would be fine every time. Where are the grounds for our taillights? I want to check them.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:03 PM
Banned

You have to take out your cd changer then the things that hold the speakers basically everything there, lol, then you have access to the tailights. If you want me to go more into detail just pm me but its pretty easy!
Old 01-26-2006, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks, I'll find them when I have the car tore down for the motor swap.

Quick Reply: Abs Inop