LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

advise for short throw shifter???

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have my stock shifter and i love it i have no problems missing any gears i throw the gears pretty quick. cant wai ttill i get the 5.0 though and see what itll do for me from where i stand now.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the B&M and love it one of the best investments you can do if you have a M6
Old 06-17-2007, 01:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am partial to my hurst...
Old 06-17-2007, 03:12 AM
TECH Regular

Hurst billet plus here (*NOT the same as the so so Hurst found on SS's and WS.6's*). Honestly most reputable aftermarket assemblies are gonna give you a good benefit. I added a 6in ws6 store short stick to mine because of a deal they had going on. I see stock shifters and it reminds me of rowing a boat lol. T (NOT the same as the hurst found on SS's and WS.6's)he best thing though is shifts are way more accurate, shorter, and solid. Definitely an overlooked mod by many that shouldn't be. So whichever choice you do make, you'll likely be plenty happy with it.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:10 AM
On The Tree

I installed a Pro 5.0 with a 6" short stick. I liked if for a while, then grew to detest it. It's extremely notchy. I threw in synthetic tranny fluid, replaced the Pro 5.0 with the stock shifter plus the 6" short stick and it's damn near butter smooth now. It's a pleasure to drive. When I finally get home, to school/ work, girlfriend's house/ whatever, I don't want to get out of my car. The aftermarket shifter felt like I was stirring rocks with an aluminum rod.

There's next to no difference in shift time for me, especially since the stock shifter goes into gear whenever I want it to. I had to wait for the Pro 5.0 to click into the next gear, unless I really slammed it. As for missing the 2-3 shift with the stock tranny, put your hand on the shifter with your fingers pointing towards 1 'o' clock and push in that direction. You should hit it every time.

Quick Reply: advise for short throw shifter???