LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Adj fuel press reg

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blkchevyz
you are correct that the o2 are ignored, but if the blms are way lean when it goes to pe mode its going to add a percentage of fuel to the table to keep itself safe.
But if they are programmed out like he says they are, the BLM's should be locked a 128.
Old 02-27-2006, 10:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I know O2's aren't the best way to monitor A/F ratio, but does anyone know O2s voltages for APPROXIMATELY 14.7 cruising? I don't have a wideband and will not buy one so I was always wondering how good my highway tuning was.
There is no set voltage. During idle and part throttle the 02's will constantly be switching above and below bias voltage (450 Mv) trying to maintain your 14.7 ratio. your long term fuel trims will tell more about your hwy performance then 02 voltage ever will.

you are correct that the o2 are ignored, but if the blms are way lean when it goes to pe mode its going to add a percentage of fuel to the table to keep itself safe.
Under most normal circumstances, fuel trims will be locked in PE mode and will not effect fuel management.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by smoknta
But if they are programmed out like he says they are, the BLM's should be locked a 128.
i though we were talking like he was going to put the o2s back on

Under most normal circumstances, fuel trims will be locked in PE mode and will not effect fuel management.
i agree most tunes should be close enought to where it will lock the blms back to 128
Old 02-27-2006, 11:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by HBHRacing
There is no set voltage. During idle and part throttle the 02's will constantly be switching above and below bias voltage (450 Mv) trying to maintain your 14.7 ratio. your long term fuel trims will tell more about your hwy performance then 02 voltage ever will.
My LT fuel trims are always 128 but I just feel like my motor can do better in the MPG dept. and was looking for something else.

Quick Reply: Adj fuel press reg