LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

how many people has had this happen

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006 | 05:26 PM
TECH Regular

Default how many people has had this happen

well went to the track last night to try out the new suspension upgrades and the m/t drag radials but when i left the line it hooked the wheel hoped extremly bad so pulled it back into second and the clutch sliped then it also sliped going to third i have a spec stage 3 in it never has gave me any trouble till last night that was the only pass i made becouse of the wheel hopp but smashed it pretty hard on the way home clucth never sliped is there any way that the hopin or it being cold would couse the slipin
Old 03-04-2006 | 05:49 PM
TECH Veteran

I wouldn't think so. My guess is you got the clutch hot on the burnout and that's causing your slippage problem.
Old 03-04-2006 | 06:02 PM
Banned

Yes, Id say your clutch is going bad. what kind of clutch do you have and how many miles are on it? All the stress your giving it will make it wear. Once that starts to happen its only a matter of a few months before it will be slipping everywhere...
Old 03-04-2006 | 06:18 PM
TECH Regular

it is a stage 3 from spec i loved the cluth its probly going on a year old but has never seen street tires only et drags and the new radials hopen to get some relocation brackets in a couple of weeks so it will maybee get rid of the horible wheel hop i think the new drag lucnh springs and all are cousing the wheeel hop becouse it just started after i put those on but then i will go to the track and try the clutch out again and if it slips again i gues i will call spec and upgarde