More "Project 8 sec LT1" pics not dialup friendly

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 05:53 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RedLT4Mike
Nice setup!

JM, what the hell are you doing in the LT1 forum??? lol
Dont forget. I use to have a LT1 also. 1997 artic white WS6 that I gave to my brother and he traded it in for a BMW + This guy has exactly the same suspension setup as mine. Well almost. And I cleaned the crap out of the bottom of the car Those were taken when we just finished the suspension. She is ruuning now and I have to take pics of the fuel system setup. But yea that LT1 looks like its going to fly

Old 04-16-2006, 10:10 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks guys.... Yeah I really hope it does well.... My engine builder has assured me it will have enough power to run in the 8's provided I have the ***** to stay in it if it gets up on the bumper.... I still have yet to get the rest of my rear suspension.... actually all I need is the double adj AFCO shocks and then it'll be done....

From those pics from what i can tell we might have different A-arms... your arms look a little thinner than mine. are yours BMR???? I don't have a good pic under the car on a lift but I will once it is running....

My FAST XFI system should be showing up soon and i've been busy wiring lately and setting up the numerous relays i need for the water pump, transmission cooler fan, fuel pump, and radiator fan.... But like I said i've been building this car for almost two years... maybe more.... I haven't cut ANY corners this time around and the old setup in this car went 10.40@131 with WAAAAY LESS motor and nitrous/suspension than this time around. Hell on stock k-member, front shocks, heavy front brakes, and a broken wolfe swaybar it was cutting 1.52 short times effortlessly.... it'll be quite another animal this time around.... Again thanks for the compliments.... I'll have some pics of the motor very soon...
Old 04-17-2006, 08:29 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lookin good! Keep us updated!
Old 04-18-2006, 12:28 AM
9 Second Club

Lookin good! Keep us updated!
HA... You need to keep me updated. My future setup is living vicariously in your CURRENT setup

I want to see the RWHP needle peg over 500RWHP... then i know i should be able to do it as well... How's the FAST wiring going????
Old 04-18-2006, 07:42 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its going good. We are making it a plug and play. Utilizing one harness and only one harness. Will plug into the main harness under the dash so all of the factory gauges will work. Had to run the oil pressure sending unit, coolant temp, voltage....etc wires through the FAST harness loom to make it one harness. Taking your time makes it worth while in the end.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:33 PM
9 Second Club

Mine is standalone with custom gauges so it'll pretty much plug and play as well..... i'm going to order the painless gauge harness so that all my gauges will have one power and one ground and just individual sending unit wires and taht's all...
Old 04-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Launching!

THAT WILL BE SWEET MAN HOPE IT WILL RUN AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS GOOD LUCK WITH IT.
Old 04-18-2006, 05:12 PM
11 Second Club

nice craftsmanship, see you have an eye for detail thats awesome
Old 04-18-2006, 06:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice work.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:56 PM
9 Second Club

[/quote]nice craftsmanship, see you have an eye for detail thats awesome[/quote]

thanks man..... yeah this time around i'm not cutting corners..... so i'll be relaxed when i bring it to the track instead of worrying about "that line I didn't properly secure" or "that pump i halfass wired".... I dealt with stuff like that before and swore i wouldn't this time.... thanks again...

Quick Reply: More "Project 8 sec LT1" pics not dialup friendly