LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

think my tranny is going

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default think my tranny is going

ok, this is going to be long, well i bought a 93 firebird formula a few months back and this thing has been nothing but trouble, when we first went and looked it had a transmission bracket broke and he said he will fix it for free, and he also said the tranny was just rebuilt 20,000 miles ago, well the tranny is starting to act up bad, when we got the car, it had some power, but now it has none, it wont squal a tire at all, oh and its an auto, and it has 0 power none, and when u drive it normal its real slow to shift and kinda makes like a whinning noise and its kinda slow to shift, but when u get on it it will shift a lil slow, but when it gets a lil warm and u get on it will just sit there and hit the rev limiter like 3 0r 4 times before shifting, and this is first gear.

and the rearend has whined since the day we bought it it sound like an old pair of mudd tires, but we alread have had to replace a tires, so it cant be that, but it whines really loud, what do u guys think is wrong wiht my car, do u think the tranny and the rear are going
Old 04-27-2006, 10:23 PM
12 Second Club

Tranny is slipping under heavy load with obvious problems shifting.. rear end gears are singing.. various power problems..

time to take that thing back.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

yea, i have been thinking of selling it
Old 04-27-2006, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Tranny problem may be just a Throttle Position Sensor. My car had similar problems were it would shift really late and slow. But when it did shift, it shifted hard and rough. Take it to a respectable transmission place and see what they say.

If all else fails, maybe selling it might be the best idea and using that money towards one in better shape. i don't think ill ever sell my car, Im too attached.

Quick Reply: think my tranny is going