LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

MECHANICS HELP/various problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MavrikTA
Flat tappet + LT1= BOOM
O2's are the LEAST of your problem if you are running a flat tappet cam, dude.
Not sure if you read all his replies but I'm pretty sure he said he bought it in a rush, asked about it here, found out it was wrong, and never used it. That's what I gathered.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by djkyle25
ok i didnt ask for some f*ing critism, ive done work with my dad on every car weve ever had and know our ****, ok we didnt know it was a f*ing roller instead of flat, we bought it in hurry before place closed and then i asked yall and found out wut it really was no biggie so shut the f** up, i posted becuase i dont have the money to take it to a shop and i am perfectly able to unplug and ohm out wires and crap(i have a repair book that tells me all the specs) and just wanted to knwo from anyone THAT KNEW ANYTHING or had experienced this before to suggest some things that i COULD CHECK YOU IDIOTS, if u dont have nething better to do why dont you go drive your cars and stop wasting my time and posting in my post that i geniunly needed help in!! what a bunch of f**ing idiots
without having the car in front of them ,members of this forum, have given you good places to look to correct your problems. we are not a bunch of idiots.we all share the same interest. lt1 f body is a place where we try to help each other out.if one of the guys that responded to your question lives near you maybe he can help. i don' know a lot,but if you where near i would help you. post back. i want to know what the prob was.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:22 PM
TECH Addict

Why buy something that important in a rush ? Why not do your research first then buy in stead of the oppossite ? Yeah I gues we are all idiots to try and give suggestions to you. Look we are all here to try and help one another out but attitudes like that will get you nowhere. So you and your dad have worked on cars or whatever thats great, but when you come in here and want some peoples opinion you should really take a better approach at a response. Now yeah you got bagged on minimally for buying the wrong cam but you should expect that, we all make mistakes and all live with them. You really need thicker skin to be posting on this board anyway. Good Luck with the project and just research before you make a snap judgement, this forum is not the only place to get answers call some companies most of them will help you out alot.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

If yall fell that it's truly necessary to bicker at eachother do it through pm's. As for the problems, I'd agree with switching out the O2 sensors. One bad front O2 can mess a lot of **** up
Old 05-05-2006, 01:06 PM
12 Second Club

You do not RUSH a camshaft purchase. The fact that you even have a flat tappet AROUND an LT1 is bad enough.

Like I said man, 02's.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Again, not trying to be rude - I want you to fix your car, but I also don't want you to screw it up. Did you ever find out what this debris was from in your oil pan:

You need to know what is was and why it broke, and what else it might have screwed up. These topics you are posting in different threads all seem to be related.

Jim

PS If you want the Summit P/N for the cc305 or 306, go to the Comp Cams website and look in their catalog for the cc305 (under the LT1 section) and look at the part number. Then use that part number with the prefix "cca-" on the summit site and you will find it if they sell it: Example: "cca-12-799-8".
Old 05-05-2006, 04:45 PM
TECH Addict

Looks like you may need a pro dude.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Regular

You have to save up money and take it to a shop because there is so many things that can couse things like that.U might want to check the O2 sensors but if you change them and it dont fix anything u just wasted money so save up some money and take it to a shop.Or at least test the )2 sensor to see if it working properly you might want to check your MAF but its better to take to a shop, before it gets more serious.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Launching!

ok sorry bout outburst im just spending hours each night trying to get this daily driver back running, and i needed suggestions not critisism becuase i was running out of things to try, heres a list of everything checked so far:

MAF
IAT
o2 sensors
plugs
wires
EGR
Injectors
Fuel Pressure
Vaccuum Pressure and all seals and lines
TPS
clogged cat

Im beggining to think i may have bought a faulty opti because as it got worse the breaking point came to make it undriveable when i hit 3000 rpm one day and it crapped out almost died! so im thinking it something that spins, i never even took cam cover off so it cant be that, i cant imagine the crank going bad liek that, just the fact that it idle surges made me think something other than opti, but now that its so much worse when its in 3000 rpms or above making me think opti, am i correct in my thinking? also it doesnt seem to be going into closed loop
Old 05-09-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Addict

Where did you buy the opti work and do you have a aftermarket cam?
Old 05-09-2006, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

Chasin gremlins so much fun. Try the opti, and if it is the opti set the old one on fire.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:05 AM
Launching!

opti was a borg warner? and no cam didnt even take the cam cover off when i was replacing all that stuff? i also just ruled out ICM last night? does anyone know why in the world they mount it to the block? thats hot
Old 05-10-2006, 07:08 AM
TECH Addict

I didnt even know Borg Warner made Opti's. As for the ICM add a spacer while youre at it.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:05 AM
Staging Lane

Your best bet would be to baby the car over to a garage near you and pay the 35 dollars or whatever for a lookover... they should scan your car to notify you of the codes you are throwing... i know previously you said you dont have the money to do this, however, without a code, most of us are lost... a car can have a million things wrong with it and it would take us forever to figure it out unless we have the car in front of us or you have a code for us... that way we can at least point you in the right direction instead of you replacing every part on your car until the problem is fixed.... thats a very expensive way to do things....
Old 05-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Launching!

i have software for my labtop and my dad is an eletrical engineer and built a circuit and im hookin it up tonight to my car to read all the PCM information, it will tell me o2 readings, error codes, knock and spark counts and all, so hopefully i will know if i have any codes tonight, but my SES never came on so i dunno, i pretty much have narrowed it down to an faulty opti
Old 05-10-2006, 01:16 PM
Staging Lane

It definately could be the opti.. mine just went bad... btw, not all codes throw the ses light on... my light did not go on when i had random misfires, abs inop, or when my air intake temp sensor wasnt plugged in... it just made the car run like total sh*t
Old 05-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Launching!

well t he car doesnt start and hasnt for 2 days now, ICM wasnt it, could o2 sensors cause it to not start, or is that an opti problem???
Old 05-10-2006, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

Nothing when you try and crank it ? or does it act like it wants to turnover ? Man luck is avoiding you like a stippers avoid lacrosse teams. What are the results of the computer scan.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Launching!

yea it gets really close sometimes i ever head liek the first ignition fire every like 1 out of 10 times so im thinkin opti, ill get the labtop hooked up tonight after work
Old 05-11-2006, 12:35 AM
TECH Regular

it might be your opti, and no and 02 sensor wont cause it to start.You just never know with them opti.