LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

AFR 180cc or LE3 208cc or AI 190cc

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 03:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by streetwarrior96
Funny thing that I have a friend that did that a 383 with LT1 top and he did only 330 RWHP with a nitrous and spent a lot of $$$$$ doing that. Only runs 12.50's all motor. That suxs
Sounds like my setup.
Old 05-22-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
Sounds like my setup.

You have an LT1 top end? what numbers are u pulling
Old 05-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe Overton
Bret , you amaze me... where were you again I forget??? Do you even know how fast any impy was n/a back then regardless of cubes??? thing is Bret I can build a 396 lt1 and a 355 lt1 and depending on parts chosen I can make that 355 hand a 396 a nice lil tail whipping.... But only people that are in the know of engine building knows that...
So just because those guys were doing things wrong then it makes a difference? Lloyd never set out to do a Imp package that fixed what those guys were doing wrong, but it ended up working a bunch better than what they had been doing, and that they included you. So now guys with 30 less cubes go a sec + quicker than what you did and your still blaming that on time? lol. You don't have a good excuse why the heavy cars are slow so just stop trying, obviously YOU didn't have the answer to going quicker and faster in heavier cars, if so you would have done it. If it ain't 3000lbs with a 3 speed just forget about it, but then again you pretty much do anyways.

So if you got walked by a motor with less cubes that wouldn't suprise you? Oh yeah that already happens in NMCA with a 358 so nevermind.

Bret

Last edited by SStrokerAce; 05-22-2006 at 08:29 PM.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
So if you got walked by a motor with less cubes that wouldn't suprise you? Oh yeah that already happens in NMCA with a 358 so nevermind.
Lol...how did you get tech'd to bench race that fast? You sure you're in the right class without a real race car?

And it's rediculous watching you chastize a racer for loosing when you wouldn't even be able to run/qualify. How many cars that you've built could qualify and run?

Call him out about cams or whatever your specialty is, but don't bother bringing up racing and actually going fast/quick...that isn't your arena.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am running a Highly modified LT1 top end. The parts came on my car from the factory but they look NOTHING like they used to Start with the 210cc LT1 heads(GM castings) and flow numbers that make AFR CNC heads look small

To bad my cam is to small
Old 05-22-2006, 10:44 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right now im looking at Trick Flow 195cc too.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:42 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
So just because those guys were doing things wrong then it makes a difference? Lloyd never set out to do a Imp package that fixed what those guys were doing wrong, but it ended up working a bunch better than what they had been doing, and that they included you. So now guys with 30 less cubes go a sec + quicker than what you did and your still blaming that on time? lol. You don't have a good excuse why the heavy cars are slow so just stop trying, obviously YOU didn't have the answer to going quicker and faster in heavier cars, if so you would have done it. If it ain't 3000lbs with a 3 speed just forget about it, but then again you pretty much do anyways.

Bret
I'm the pusher here?? LOL ok since 90% of your post had a (?) at the end of the sentence I assume you wanted a response>>>>>>>>

Bret, just remember the cam donesnt run by itself ..... There is no such thing as a cam designer...Cam picker would be more accurate ...but you can claim to be whatever you want..Thing is you are a thinker,I'm a doer ...I've picked one cam for a imp and that was three years ago,and I gave him what they wanted a car he could have fun in and his wife could drive it...The details you dont know about is that head cam combo was originally for a stock bottom end combo not a 383 ,, He had bearings go out in his bottom end before he had a chance to run the combo, so he stuck the cam heads on a local built 383 ,but Bret how would you know that right???.. ... thing is bret .....I've prolly done maybe a few truly what I consider "custom" cams...And guess what , they are some of the quickest lt1/ls1's in the country....So master cam picker think again your so Great..I'm an enthusiast that started helping people cause I wanted to,and had real world data.Wasnt my "job" but I didnt or never claimed to be a CAM GOD or boast that I was for all to see.People I helped deemed me that ,I didnt ask for it or expect it ... And Bret , what you think you know you probably don't. And what you do know isnt nothing nobody cant read out of a book.. Thing is Bret thiers alot of things that are not in books, and ofcourse you'll claim you know all,But do you???..
You like to compare my car to record holding cars, why thank you...But as much ,as you would "not" like to compare my car to .Is thiers only a handful of cars with sbc's ( even aftermarket) adorning 23* heads quicker than I ran last year weight to cube, let alone fuel injected n/a.... the people you could mention is chris uratchko, who else Bret? Tom Kempf???? wow good company... OHHHHHH but I forget I had afr 227's ,I didnt have all pro's flowing 360+ cfm ... Whats really funny You mentioned Chris on occasion as if hes the man and I agree he knows his stuff.But the quickest he ran was 9.2? fuel injected with a aftermarket block and allpro's wasnt it? .. So I guess If I'm slow then I guess He is too ... Because hes the only one I know of thats been quicker than me with a similiar setup on raceday running efi ( meaning comparable engine car at weight for class)...Bret do you even know how many fuel injected cars thier are in the NMCA ( prostock) , NMRA (hot street), Funford ( Bandit)????... Maybe I'm further along than you realize and thats not boasting.....

PS... just wondering why that impy your so proud of isnt whipping up on Karl E's ride , remember you're the BEST make cz28 proud........

Quick Reply: AFR 180cc or LE3 208cc or AI 190cc