LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT's Must be Coated??

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 06:29 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blind527
No, it's not a false statement....

If it was false, then anything I said wouldn't be true. Which, in fact, it is. The Jet Hot coating protects rust corrosion for what, 50 miles? My headers started to rust immediately, and so did many others that have them. The Jet Hot coating is not made to resist rust corrosion, no matter how much they say it does. Many of the people the buy them thinking they won't rust are in for serverly disappointing results.

Are you trying to attemp a record number of times to be wrong in one thread? Only ONE thing is needed to be wrong in a statement to make it false. Now for the third thing wrong with what you posted in what has been several lines of bs: The ceramic coating lasts a whole lot longer then 50 miles. I already mentioned in one of the first posts in this thread that at some point coated headers will still develop areas of rust if you drive your car in certain climates. Jet Hot is NOT marketing RUST PROOF headers, rather corrosion resistant headers. As stated before there are numerous people on here that have 10 year old coated headers that still look new. Considering the fact that the 2000 coating is used on marine vessels and the under coating of salt trucks to limit corrosion not to look pretty you are full of bs. If you would like a second opinion, call of the Penndot and ask them. Just another hint when you say "in fact" in your post...you might want to present some facts instead of lame opinion. Go troll on a few other threads picking up better techniques because your lame junk isn't working here.

Facts:
http://www.jet-hot.com/Pages/tech2.html

Last edited by Camaroguy22; 06-01-2006 at 06:36 AM.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cchris1109
the coated ones are for looks, dont listen to them about under hood temps, i mean serious its going to get hot in there no matter what, 20-30 degrees will not affect anything.

It does help with rust if you salt your roads, for a little that is.

Go with non coated

Where in the world did you get 20-30 degrees from??? Try more like a few hundred degrees Did either of you do any research or have any correct quantitative facts to present here? Did you happen to do a temperature test? If not why would you post some random figure on the board you pulled out of your a$$...as if you think there is nobody on this WHOLE entire website that knows what you are saying is bs.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:12 AM
TECH Regular

If you get non-coated ones they will look like poop. About the only difference. People can argue about under hood temps but under hood temps have very little to do with engine performance, granted your not intaking air directly over your primaries.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Camaroguy22
No you don't trust me. Instead of the coating coming off, you would have gaping holes in your primaries and collectors which would then lead to alot more cost.
Not saying it isn't true but I've never heard of anyone's headers rusting through.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Are you trying to attemp a record number of times to be wrong in one thread? Only ONE thing is needed to be wrong in a statement to make it false. Now for the third thing wrong with what you posted in what has been several lines of bs: The ceramic coating lasts a whole lot longer then 50 miles. I already mentioned in one of the first posts in this thread that at some point coated headers will still develop areas of rust if you drive your car in certain climates. Jet Hot is NOT marketing RUST PROOF headers, rather corrosion resistant headers. As stated before there are numerous people on here that have 10 year old coated headers that still look new. Considering the fact that the 2000 coating is used on marine vessels and the under coating of salt trucks to limit corrosion not to look pretty you are full of bs. If you would like a second opinion, call of the Penndot and ask them. Just another hint when you say "in fact" in your post...you might want to present some facts instead of lame opinion. Go troll on a few other threads picking up better techniques because your lame junk isn't working here.

Facts:
http://www.jet-hot.com/Pages/tech2.html
Keep telling yourself that buddy.

I'll remember that when I see a 50HP increase from LT headers with SLP rated from them.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Launching!

Keep telling yourself that buddy.

I'll remember that when I see a 50HP increase from LT headers with SLP rated from them.

So now you are just going to start rambling about random stuff? I never said a 50 hp increase, or mentioned anything about SLP. Tard you have dug yourself a big enough hole.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dhdenney
Not saying it isn't true but I've never heard of anyone's headers rusting through.
Would you like pics of mine? I said earlier to do a search for the thread title I listed, you will see pics.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Always go with coated headers. There are several benefits that outweigh the extra cost. If you plan on keeping your car for 1 year at the max and beating the crap out of it, then get the painted headers and save a couple of bucks. Anybody who got Jet-Hot coated headers that started rusting within 50 miles got ripped off by bogus coating(probably silver spray paint). These coatings will not start rusting in that short of a time span unless your engine is severely mistuned and running so lean that the exhaust temps can damage the coating. At that point, your header coating is the least of your worries.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:11 AM
TECH Resident

I didnt read all of the posts, but one thing thats always sat on my mind over coating is... For my Charger (for example, or any other muscle car, any other car period) most headers now and 30 years ago were just painted or chromed... I will most likely get coated headers for the TA, but do I think its really necessary? Not really. Unless the LT1/LS1 engines somehow produce ALOT hotter exhaust and put pressure on bends due to tight spaces where the coating would help keep them cooler, thatd be understandable but I think thats a bit unrealistic.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:21 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JL8Jeff
Always go with coated headers. There are several benefits that outweigh the extra cost. If you plan on keeping your car for 1 year at the max and beating the crap out of it, then get the painted headers and save a couple of bucks. Anybody who got Jet-Hot coated headers that started rusting within 50 miles got ripped off by bogus coating(probably silver spray paint). These coatings will not start rusting in that short of a time span unless your engine is severely mistuned and running so lean that the exhaust temps can damage the coating. At that point, your header coating is the least of your worries.

Old 06-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Banned

the coated ones are for looks, dont listen to them about under hood temps, i mean serious its going to get hot in there no matter what, 20-30 degrees will not affect anything.

Go with non coated
You shouldn't be giving anyone advice...You actually shouldn't be allowed near cars...
Old 06-02-2006, 12:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WsSickLs6
You shouldn't be giving anyone advice...You actually shouldn't be allowed near cars...

Glad I am not the only one that feels that way
Old 06-02-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

So now you are just going to start rambling about random stuff? I never said a 50 hp increase, or mentioned anything about SLP. Tard you have dug yourself a big enough hole.

It's called a comparision. Time to go back to school. I was comparing the false claims SLP makes to the false claims that Jet Hot makes about ceramic coatings completely resisting rust.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Go with non coated
you are an idiot.

20-30 degrees can be the difference between a good running engine and an overheating, blown up one.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:12 AM
Launching!

It's called a comparision. Time to go back to school. I was comparing the false claims SLP makes to the false claims that Jet Hot makes about ceramic coatings completely resisting rust.

Your an idiot. If you had any common sense, or the ability to understand my post or the marketing claims made by Jet Hot you would understand that Jet Hot doesn't market the headers as RUST PROOF.

Crawl back in your hole. Unless of course you want to continue telling your story of your Jet Hot Headers that rusted within 50 miles
Old 06-02-2006, 02:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Your an idiot. If you had any common sense, or the ability to understand my post or the marketing claims made by Jet Hot you would understand that Jet Hot doesn't market the headers as RUST PROOF.

Crawl back in your hole. Unless of course you want to continue telling your story of your Jet Hot Headers that rusted within 50 miles
Your an idiot.
How ironic.....

It's hilarious how you feel the need to continue to call people childish names and argue with them about something so stupid. And yes, it is gay that my Jet Hots started to rust within 50 miles, thank you for your understanding. I love when people on the internet act tough and try to "own" people by calling them childish names. I have to go **********, later.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:30 AM
Launching!

Your an idiot.
How ironic.....

It's hilarious how you feel the need to continue to call people childish names and argue with them about something so stupid. And yes, it is gay that my Jet Hots started to rust within 50 miles, thank you for your understanding. I love when people on the internet act tough and try to "own" people by calling them childish names. I have to go **********, later.

It's hillarious how you feel the need to continue to make bullshit posts and argue with people who actually have real knowledge. And yes, it is gay that you are a liar and try to act like your Jet Hots started to rust within 50 miles, thank you for giving us material to laugh at. I have to go add you to the ricers most wanted website, later.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts

They should make a seperate thread where everyone can sit and talk **** to each other...I'll call it the Springer Thread..

Anyways, back to the discussion...
I had a set of Pace Setter Painted mids, the paint burned off in 5 minutes, not even through the first heat cycle. I am getting the Ceramic Coated LT's. I have seen Ceramic Coated rust, they were a set of Hookers. The stuff will rust, but it does help keep the heat down, and the Headers last longer. Anything that heats up and cools down will eventually rust.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's hillarious how you feel the need to continue to make bullshit posts and argue with people who actually have real knowledge. And yes, it is gay that you are a liar and try to act like your Jet Hots started to rust within 50 miles, thank you for giving us material to laugh at. I have to go add you to the ricers most wanted website, later.
WTF are you talking about? Do you seriously assume that you know everything about me, and what I've been through? Wow, some ignorance there. Is there a reason you're calling me a liar? Um, so you know, once ceramics are open to heat of 1,000+ degrees, they WILL start to discolor immediately. Like mentioned above *and what else I mentioned as well* any header coating is going to rust.

So seriously, stop being such a douche bag. You need to pull your head out of your *** and realize we are BOTH right. Now stop being such an immature *** clown where you feel the need to critique everything everyone says, and call them idiots, it's getting old and making you look like you don't know what you're talking about.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Launching!

WTF are you talking about? Do you seriously assume that you know everything about me, and what I've been through? Wow, some ignorance there. Is there a reason you're calling me a liar? Um, so you know, once ceramics are open to heat of 1,000+ degrees, they WILL start to discolor immediately.

They will not start rusting within 50 miles. What does knowing everything about you and what you have been thru have anything to do with you lieing about the coating. I am not Dr. Phil I don't need to know your life story. Is this your coming out of the closet post or something?

Quick Reply: LT's Must be Coated??