LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Turbo question

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Turbo question

I was wondering what most people are running on their LT1/forced induction setup.. As to say what turbos are making the most power. Would it be STS or Turbo Tech. Inc. I want to do a 396 setup with AFR heads and a custom ground comp cam, but i am more leaning towards a front mount turbo.. Any suggestions? Thank you for your time..
Old 06-29-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still havnt seen to many impressive times with the sts kit. never heard of turbo tech to you have a link? The truth is there isnt to many people making kits for our cars and the ones that are good you have to pay out the *** for i know i was looking at Pro turbo kit "PTK kit" and it would of ended up costing twice as much as a decked out D1-sc setup. I have seen a couple setups people have made on there own that really hualed but i wouldnt want to put my time into fabricating something like that i would rather be driving my car. Turbo's do make quite a bit more power but i couldnt justify the money and work to run one on my car.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

custom single t70 here, it has a log manifold on the drivers side, had full boost at 2500 (all 6 lbs) would just break the et streets loose through 1 & 2 gear after the boost hit. no turbo lag at all if I was above 2500. and the sounds are as fun as the boost, (not really, but there cool) any way, stock lt1 with an underdrive pulley, et streets, stock 3.23 gears in a m6 and it would run 12.5's at just under 110. I can't think of any other mods I had, Oh, 1.6 rr's and hot cam springs. all on 93 octain pump gas at 2700'.

and for compairison, I went 13.3 @ 103.81 with a 4.5 psi supercharger, neither was intercooled.

car ran great, untill a little misshap, boost spiked because of a wastegate line problem and boom, so now I am bought all forged internals, trick flow heads, good cam, and I am letting them just sit there, and they have been for about a year, Had a baby, so I saved up to pay off a few bills because of that, and then just after we had our baby, I found a killer deal on a 4 bed house that I couldn't pass up, so now it is on hold again, at least untill the house and new schedule allow time.

on a side note, we also have a twin turbo 408 ls1 that is custom front mount as well, not that one is a killer.

Quick Reply: Turbo question