LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

cam,headers,new engine and not running how it should!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cam,headers,new engine and not running how it should!

This might not be the corect forum but i didn't get many answers at thirdgen.org and the Lt1 is a very similar engine and issues that i am having, s o i thought id give it a try,
i got an l98 89 corvette engine, that i put into my 85 firebird, 600cfm eldebrock street carb,zz4 cam,1.5 rockers,headmen shorties, custom y pipe into 2.5 high flow cat (i think its definitly not stock because it is very small compaired to stock ones) with all the stock piping into a 80 series flow, now my car before had a 305 in it that was computer controlled carb, this new carb isn't at all for those who know what carb i have, i am also using the same 305 distributor, the car doesn't have much low end power (which these L98s are torque beats so im confused especially with my mods)once it gets past 3k it then screems but still isn't performing how it should, as for tuning the car, i did EOIC method for the valves, compression was tested all before and has great compression on all cylinders, im not sure if the old distrubutor isn't punching enough punch into the engine or timing it right, maby the computer isn't right since it was a 305 before im stumped . this was my first car project but i did it with my dad that has been building chevys for over 40 years, so maby theres something we missed, when you get a cam headers, everyone says you need a good tune maby thats what i need im not sure, what does a tune involve on my car.so whats your guys take on this thanks. one more thing anyone know what i should be shifting at in my 700R4 (auto),with these mods.

Quick Reply: cam,headers,new engine and not running how it should!