LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

lt1 running rich???

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default lt1 running rich???

so my car has some light grey/blue smoke mostly when i start the car and then when i take off from lights... my mods are, long tubes, off road y pipe, loudmouth exhaust, moroso cold air, vortec elbow, and built tranny with a stall... it has never been tuned and has all stock sensors.

Do i need to-get it tuned?- get a lt4 knock module?-change some sensors(o2?)-or could this be something like valve guides or piston rings(or something else engine related)

The car runs great and pulls harder then ever... it has 67000 miles and has regular oil changes... btw its a 97 trans am

thanks for the help
Old 07-06-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

blue smoke is ually oil. Do you check the oil before you change it to see if its low? i would hope that a valve seal or guide wouldnt be leaky with that low millage You dont require a tune with those mods but a tune will always help with more power. do you have anyway to look at the voltage of the 02 sensors? If anything headers and a cai would make you run alittle leaner with more air going in and out with the computer supplying the same amount of fuel, although the o2's will try and compenasate with the long term fuel trims.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Yea, your cookin a little oil in there, probably a valve seal..