LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

victor jr single plane in the works!!!

Old 07-08-2006, 01:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default victor jr single plane in the works!!!

my opti-spark crapped out on me like they always will
and seeing that it would just happen again if I run the plug wires through the cap like the factory, I'm gonna get smart:

Auto Zone: $126 reman. opti spark guranteed FOR LIFE, no limit on replacement, no limit on time (specific words from the man behind the counter) take an old cap, put it on without the rotor in there; effectively making the opti-spark and crank trigger.

late model gm distributor: free from a buddy, gonna have my plug wires where a SBC should have 'em IN THE BACK.

victor jr intake: $100 bucks, carb'd version, a machinist buddy is going to weld up the holes going in to the head and redrill the LT-1 pattern. mill out the holes for injector bungs and weld them in.

here's the half-assed part:

throttle body: old mechanical secondary 850 holley base plate and main body, milled choke horn, removed venturies, all smoothed out. primary throttle shaft will have a TPS mounted to it. still wondering about the IAC though

all of this WILL fit under a stock hood, no problems, right?

oh well, probably gonna order a VFN 4" ram-air hood for it. think that hood would be too much for a Heads/Cam 6spd plain jane white formula with silver zo6's?
Old 07-08-2006, 02:36 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Half Assed-Half Fast.

Might work, dont know how well, and it should fit, your gona have to fiddle with the cowl though.

Tony.

Search this Thread