LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

fuel filter location?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 06:35 PM
In Need of Cup Holders!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel filter location?

Can anyone tell me exactly where the fuel filter is located? Im going to change it and I dont have alot of time to do it, so I want to waste as little time as possible.

Also, how hard is it to replace?
Old 07-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Launching!

It is located on the drivers side of the car about 1.5 feet ahead of the rear tire. It is a silver thing with one line in, and one line out. It is not hard to change, just make sure you dont twist the lines. Also make sure your face isnt underneath it when you pull the lines off, or youll end up with gas in your mouth/eyes.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:37 PM
In Need of Cup Holders!

Originally Posted by 97BlackLT1TA
It is located on the drivers side of the car about 1.5 feet ahead of the rear tire. It is a silver thing with one line in, and one line out. It is not hard to change, just make sure you dont twist the lines. Also make sure your face isnt underneath it when you pull the lines off, or youll end up with gas in your mouth/eyes.
Thanks!
Old 07-18-2006, 07:47 PM
In Need of Cup Holders!

Oh, what all should I do before I yank the thing off? THe Haynes book isnt too specific in that area.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:56 PM
Launching!

the haynes manual says your supposed to disconnect the battery before you do anythign to a car. But you should relive the pressure in the lines. i think there is a schrader valve on the back of the drivers side fuel rail that you can release the pressure with. Um, other than that, make sure you use 2 wrenches so you dont twist the lines, also secure the car on jack stands so it doesnt fall on you, i think that would ruin your day. lol seriously though its easy, about a 10 min job.

Quick Reply: fuel filter location?