LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

alarm acting crazy

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 10:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarm acting crazy

So last night I went out to a friends party. As I was leaving I couldnt get my alarm to beep and unlock the doors. I got right up to the car and nothing. I could however activate and deactivate the alarm. I could tell because my led would flash(on) or turn off(off). This is also kinda wierd because usually when it is off the led will just stay lit not turn off. But no blinking taillights and no beep. This happened once before except I couldnt turn my alarm off and it had the sirens going off etc. This time was just totally silent.

any ideas? I thought it was the fob battery but the alarm was still sensing it just not doing what it was supposed to do. Any help will be much appreciated.
Thanks
Old 07-29-2006, 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

bump...
Old 07-29-2006, 04:18 PM
TECH Resident

Update: today I went out for some coffee and when I got it and returned to my car I opened the door and my alarm started going off. But now loud it sounded really weak and quiet and only one tone, not the usual like 8 different sounds just one and it was really weak and it wouldn't turn off and my car wouldn't start. After numerous times pressing the fob and trying to start my car it somehow turned off and the car started. Now I think if I just dont try to press anything on the fob i'll be ok. what the hell is wrong??????