LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Lt1 swap complete need some help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt1 swap complete need some help!

i just got done putting my 94 lt1 into my 67 camaro. i hooked the vats bypass up and took it around the block. When i give any thing more then a little bit of gas it chokes and sputters.

i checked tps and that is reading right. im using a walbro 255 inline pump with a corvette inline filter. right now im running with no o2's hooked up and no egr or vss.

im waiting to put the o2's in and i know it will just be in open loop with out them. i should have my aldl cable tommrow so i can turn egr and air off in the pcm but from what i under stand it should be running fine the way it is.

any thoughts on whats going on with this thing?

Thanks
Bryan
Old 08-02-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

It should run fine without O2s and egr, I think you might need the vss though.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

is it a completely stock lt1? stock fuel pressure regulator? are you running a maf? im guessing you checked the tps with a volt meter... does the volts change when you give it a little throttle?
Old 08-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blkchevyz
is it a completely stock lt1? stock fuel pressure regulator? are you running a maf? im guessing you checked the tps with a volt meter... does the volts change when you give it a little throttle?

yea its stock. and the volts change with any throttle. its running a maf right now untill i get my cables to delete it. and the tps was checked with a volt meter
Old 08-02-2006, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

can you check fuel pressure?

are you still running an intake pump?
Old 08-02-2006, 12:31 PM
Teching In

no pump every thing has been plugged fuel pressure seems fine i have not checked it yet though
Old 08-02-2006, 01:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

only other think i can think of now is the map sensor. make sure its hooked up.

once you get your cable you can see if its throwing any codes
Old 08-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Teching In

yea the map was the first thing i checked. Im thinking it may be a fuel system issue i just got done checking the injectors and there all at 13 ohms and 11-14 is said to be good. so im on my way to auto zone to buy a fuel pressure guage i think that may be the issue since i just found a small gas leak in my an fitting rigth after my pump.

from what ive read the opti is either good or its bad so i hope thats true cause i dont feel like spending 400 on a new opti that more then half what i payed for my swap.

this is fun!!! =P
Old 08-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Teching In

Well i got the problem fixed and you would not belive what it was. So before i went up to get a guage i wanted to make sure the alt. was charging since it started slow. So i checked and it wasnt. turns out the small wire in the plug that i thought was just gor a dummy light was the trigger for the regulator. i thought it was a standard gm 1 wire with out a trigger. So i hooked that up took off down the road and all was right in thw world. im assuming at higher rpm the voltage drop was causing the fuel pump to shut off. Weirdest thing ever.

But cause of that i went thru and made sure all my grounds were good. its crazy how important grounds are on a injected motor.

Thanks for your help guys.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

i did the same exact thing when i put an lt1 in my bosses jeep.

Quick Reply: Lt1 swap complete need some help!