LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

help with header installation!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 01:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"just have someone get you a 30 pack, and leave the better part of a day to do it, it may be a pain to do, but in the end when you fire it up itll be damn
worth"

hell ya it was worth, i fired mine up w/o a y-pipe and holy ****! i couldn stop smilin the rest of the day and i ended up drivin around with straight headers for two days.... it sound like a god damn bus! and on the free way it was f'n deafining but damn i miss seeing the look on peoples faces when i pulled up, specially since they probably heard me a halfmile behind them on the freeway lol
Old 08-16-2006, 03:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaro94SS
Oh yeah....the dipstick was a bitch and i also had to remove that(and obviosuly all plugs)....if you can use a lift....highly reccomended

We ended up doing the entire job in about 7 hours....with putting an ORY, and welding a cutout into my exhaust....

LoL broke mine....had to go buy one at autozone during the install
haha i also broke mine which is why i mentioned it.

Originally Posted by DropTopFireChKn
"just have someone get you a 30 pack, and leave the better part of a day to do it, it may be a pain to do, but in the end when you fire it up itll be damn
worth"

hell ya it was worth, i fired mine up w/o a y-pipe and holy ****! i couldn stop smilin the rest of the day and i ended up drivin around with straight headers for two days.... it sound like a god damn bus! and on the free way it was f'n deafining but damn i miss seeing the look on peoples faces when i pulled up, specially since they probably heard me a halfmile behind them on the freeway lol

haha i drove around for about 20 min open headers too. it was beyond sweet.
Old 08-05-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Resident

hey i'm installing my edelbrock mids this week, can i use the original bolts for the manifolds
Old 08-05-2007, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

I heard that 96-97 lt1's have four oxygen sensors. My question is this. I plan on buying pacesetter race headers and a manual cutout. I will only open it when I want to race..that way, it will still be quiet drving around, but when I drive with the cutout open, will my car still run fine without the o2 sensors after the cats sensings any sort of emissions? Also, will I need o2 extension harness, or is that unnecessary?

And since I am getting race headers, do I need to reprogram my pcm to delete air and egr?? I can't afford to reprogram just yet. I do know that I need a block off plate for the egr, but is anything else necessary?
Old 08-05-2007, 09:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Shawns30thannZ28
haha i drove around for about 20 min open headers too. it was beyond sweet.
I drove mine to school for a good 2 weeks on open headers. Needless to say, whenever I skipped class it would interrupt other classes, to the point of teacher-student confrontation. Flooring it leaving school didn't help my case either

Quick Reply: help with header installation!!