LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

my LT1 >: (

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawns30thannZ28
ive been lookin around on these forums and im seeing a lot of LT1's with more miles and just as many mods or less as me, running significantly better times than me. .with just a catback and a cold air i was running 14.2-14.4 with shitty 60's and trapping between 98-99mph. ive since put pacesetter LT's and an ORY on my car and got my mph up to 103 but have only managed a 14.1. my 60's are still attrocious (in the 2.4 range) but would that alone cause me to lose almost a full second?

ive also dynoed the car after the track times and put down 276 HP and 310 TQ, however i have a missfire above 4,500...so it looks like ill be buying some plugs, wires, and an accel opti in the very near future. so my question is should i see much better times with the tune up and maybe a decent set of tires( i know tires will drop my times signifcantly but a full second?)
i dynoed 286.4 with 318.3 ft/lbs and that was lean too (13.9 a/f) with my mods and i've ran dead even with every stock LS1 WS6 i've ran on the street (from a roll) and even an 04 GTO (he might have been creeping away from me) and was ahead of every WS6 at the end of the race from a dig (couldnt pull me in). i believe the WS6 runs a low 13 when stock (maybe a high 12.9X). you should be running a solid mid 13 with that stuff. the misfire is probably killing you. i had a misfire at my topend (above 4K RPM) and i thought i needed a tune up/new opti. i actually ran my friends stock probe (just for kicks) and barely pulled on it. after calculating the cost plus the time and effort it takes to do plugs, wires and opti on an LT1 i decided to look further. i discovered that one of my wires had rotted and torn at the opti and was not even plugged in, it could still arch but under heavy loads would arch elsewhere too. turns out is wasnt the only wire that was rotting away. i replaced what needed to be and went on my way and it now runs great. replacing the opti should be a last resort. look around at your wires and if you decide to do your plugs and wires set aside an afternoon. especially if your not rerouting the wires. thats just my .02.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:48 PM
Staging Lane

on a more related note. i borrowed a set of ET streets and ill be going to the track tommorrow, and if i dont get better times, ill just cry more. hopefully itll up my trap too. where do you M6 guys shift? i usually shift at about 5-5,500
shift at 5800. every gear.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:57 PM
12 Second Club

i shift at 5900 My revlimiter is set at 6000 tho i was shifting at 5700 before the tune. A shift light will help Lt1 tachs are a little fast. Im gunna try and get down their tommorow hope to see ya their.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:59 PM
JUICED96Z

have you made a pass with that setup?
No I have not, adjustable fuel pressure regulator is now in and I pluged in the booster harness for the racetronix. I have also since lost 10 pounds lol. I also did not have time to lube the rear suspension parts that I have (have not since last year) so I am sure that hurt me a tad also.

I also need some rear pro stars before I can go back. That and I have been very busy these days so I doubt it will be back to the track this year.

Quick Reply: my LT1 >: (