LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

stall pcm question!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 07:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default stall pcm question!!

ok here is one for the big boys! going through all the pcm tables in cats tuner i was looking at the tcc wot forced lock speed threshold vs gear vs tps ... now i will think this has something to do with how the stall locks and unlocks at wot correct? also in the tcc normal mode release/engage mph vs gear vs tps the 2nd 3rd and 4th are all maxxed out at 255 were as the tcc performanc mode release/engage mph vs gear vs tps only shows 3rd and 4th and it was the same lock/unlock mph as the tcc wot forced lock speed threshold vs gear vs tps. i always thought the z28 used the performance **** table, so i would imagine it uses the performance tcc engage/release as well right? i was curious what any of this should be set at? i mean it should eventually lock up at wot other wise it will be to lose and it will slip correct? someone school me on this subject!
Old 08-18-2006, 09:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

If you have a good converter you do not need/want to lock it at the strip. If doing open road racing like the SilverState then maybe but that is it. Locking a converter at WOT on the strip is a bandaid for an inefficient converter.