Delteq install questions...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 01:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delteq install questions...

Hey guys,

A few questions:

Stock manifolds, is the heatshield required? Because I spent around two-three hours trying to figure out why the screw holes wont line up when using the heatshield, even with the heatshield off it was still pretty hard to get them to go (the screws are REALLY short and once you get one side of a coil screwed a bit (just enough to hold) the other side doesnt want to go in, mostly speaking about the rear most coil...

Also, the instructions say to reinstall the studs for the Opti-box, but the factory coil only had one stud and one bolt... I assume they wanted the Opti-box to rest a nuts length away from the head, but with only one stud I dont see that happening... Did you guys just put the washers they included behind the box or...? (Id goto an auto-parts store but over here they dont sell US bolts at all)...

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:30 PM
TECH Resident

bump... Anyone?
Old 08-22-2006, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Its raining right now so I cant check for sure but I know I used the stud with the nut. Cant remember what else was used. You can use the washers and the supplied bolts if youd like. The main idea is to get an air gap between the controller and the block. I didnt have any problems getting the coils on or the the IM mounted so not sure what I can tell you other than you have to mount the module first then the coils. I also did not use the heat shield since the instructions say it is only needed if your primaries extend high above the port. I would use them with stock manifolds. Hope you get it together soon.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:37 PM
TECH Veteran

I myself did not use the heat shield either but I will tell you I had to drill out the bracket and use bolts cuz the screws weren't working for that either.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:09 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the replies guys, I was looking at a companies install page which had pictures and it showed them using the metal backing of the original coil pack... The Delteq instructions did not mention this (let me know if they did because I didnt see it and I read that part a few times wondering where the second stud came from, because in the part before they even said "one side is a bolt, the other is a stud"...)

Did you guys do the same (use the metal backing)?

dhdenney, you have headers correct?
Old 08-23-2006, 08:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Charging TA
dhdenney, you have headers correct?
Yes I have the Hooker LT's. I myself did not install my Delteq due to me being college at the time. So as far as installing, I'm not sure how that went.

Quick Reply: Delteq install questions...