LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Headlight conversion completed *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SRZ
I rocked that look for the last 11 yrs. I had Rytek's original kit back in 96. Brent94Z and myself were probably the 1st to have that look back in 96-97. I was the 1st though to incorporate the DGM carbon fiberquad fogs though. I've only seen a handfull do it as there may be more out there but don't post. I just recently went back to the stk look for the HID's. Hella's would've been nice but were too big for my comfort. Nice work there building it yourself...

Were the lights used for your headlights designed to be headlights? Or were they still considered a fog/driving light? I really like how that looks with the correct plastic around it and everything but I don't want to use driving lights.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Personally I don't like the round light in the square hole, but that's just me. I commend the strive to be different look though. I'm always afraid I look like everyone else.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:49 PM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

1bdbrd they're actually fog lights...hence the reason I switched back. Initially it didn't bother me but other drivers...ha-ha that was the annoying factor. I don't drive the car at night esp in the wet for that very reason as they weren't the greatest and more of a show look. VA state troopers use to give me hell though when I was there. Now that I'm returning back to the US I need some real lights in there at night for meets, cruises, etc. I still have my lights but I doubt I'll use them again...the quad lights I ditched altogether for the FMIC. They are a lot cheaper now then what I paid for them that's for sure.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by SRZ
1bdbrd they're actually fog lights...hence the reason I switched back. Initially it didn't bother me but other drivers...ha-ha that was the annoying factor. I don't drive the car at night esp in the wet for that very reason as they weren't the greatest and more of a show look. VA state troopers use to give me hell though when I was there. Now that I'm returning back to the US I need some real lights in there at night for meets, cruises, etc. I still have my lights but I doubt I'll use them again...the quad lights I ditched altogether for the FMIC. They are a lot cheaper now then what I paid for them that's for sure.
Damn I was hoping they were actual headlights. I try to be kind to other drivers on the road so I refuse to go the way of driving/fog lights. At this point its down to either Silverstars (had them in 3 vehicles and loved all 3 of them) or an HID conversion from the LEDGauges sponsor on here. I'm just not sure how good their kit will be for other drivers.
Old 05-21-2007, 04:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

is there a way to put in HIDs but keep the stock headlight look?
Old 05-21-2007, 05:27 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes there is KriegerEhre. Couple of vendors sell them on here. I bought mine from on here.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anyone have a link to this kit/know how expensive it's?
Old 05-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Teching In

is there anyway to get the plastic shrowds stilL! i wish!!!!

Quick Reply: Headlight conversion completed *pics*