LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

whats the deal, optispark

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 08:31 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the deal, optispark

I have 2 93 z28s, one lightly modded, one more heavily, both have issues where one minute they are runnin strong, and the next minute theyre a lot weeker. its like a roll of a dice, sometimes it a neck snapper, and sometimes i feel like im in a 5.sl0w. I was told it was the optispark, dont know but it sucks ***
Old 09-15-2006, 08:47 AM
Launching!

factory opti`s have alot of faults in them aome last a long time but if your running the car hard the come apart and they allow water in if water gets to them i went throught 4 factory opti`s before going to a aftermarket from dynateck since then no problems but it cost over $600.00 then msd came out with their opti based off dynateck` model and it`s about $500.00 so change to the msd opti and you`ll be happy. note make sure it is your opti before changing it but either way it`s a nice upgrade
Old 09-15-2006, 08:49 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by redhot lt-1
factory opti`s have alot of faults in them aome last a long time but if your running the car hard the come apart and they allow water in if water gets to them i went throught 4 factory opti`s before going to a aftermarket from dynateck since then no problems but it cost over $600.00 then msd came out with their opti based off dynateck` model and it`s about $500.00 so change to the msd opti and you`ll be happy. note make sure it is your opti before changing it but either way it`s a nice upgrade
i was pretty sure, its a slight issue on both cars, sometimes itll run like a cheetah on cocaine, other times more like an ostrich on kronik

Quick Reply: whats the deal, optispark