LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

So I Removed My Cat And Umm .... Wow....

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006 | 04:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LoStOCeAnZ63
so i took my cat off i have a 94 camaro m6 and it has a slp cat back and a y pipe and now its freaken LOUD! i feel alot more power and it gets to 6K rpms faster and smoother it seems but its a little too loud its pretty much straight pipe all the way back so what can i do? i like that its loud but its a little too much with all the poping and crap going on give me some ideas
my car has a flowmaster, and no cat, its loud and has a great sound, but i couldnt get rid of the crackling, and backfiring. Thats why i just kept the hi flo cat on my new one. I checked my airfilter in my camaro with no cat, and it was solid black, i havent really checked it in about 8 or 9 months, dont really drive it
Old 09-20-2006 | 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LoStOCeAnZ63
i have another question do you guys think i should take the hypertech out and change it back to stock? or set my redline to like 5900 instead of 6000 maybe that will help me out a little? i was thinking that maybe my car starts popping after 5,000 rpms becuase first off its already prob. time to chnage it and maybe its making it worst by having the programmer on and putting more spark thru it?

just a thought
from what i've heard all the hypertech chip does is change your cooling fans. if thats the case then leave the chip in.

Quick Reply: So I Removed My Cat And Umm .... Wow....