LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

when you guys do a auto to 6 spd swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 09:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default when you guys do a auto to 6 spd swap

ok i have an lt1 that was an auto its whole life. i am finally putting it together and i have my t56 i have everything for it already its on the motor. i want to start wiring it up but i noticed that the wiring harness from the auto seems as if it will not work on the t56 connectors. so i was wondering what do you guys do about the wiring harness? is there a kit or something out there? or do i need to get the wiring harness from a already equiped t56?
Old 09-19-2006, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

The wires going to the correct PCM pinouts and such are there in the auto harness, you just have to wire on your own connectors. You can get them from GM dealerships or SDPC.

Give me a day or two and I can try to dig up my old part # list for these connectors.
The only things that are not in the harness already are the wires for the reverse light switch and the skip shift solenoid... The reverse light switch on your car was on the shifter from the factory, so you'll need to cut the connector off those wires and extend them to the transmission where you'll wire in your new connector.

If I cant find the part numbers and such, check shoebox.com or projecttransam.com for instructions and possibly part numbers.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:42 AM
Launching!

ok kool thank you very much!
Old 09-19-2006, 11:03 AM
TECH Resident

except the reverse lock out.. the pin is not in the harness for it... you can put one in there but its not there... and you are going to have to wire up you back up lights manually into the car where they were on the shifter...

Quick Reply: when you guys do a auto to 6 spd swap