LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Missfire, could it be the optispark?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missfire, could it be the optispark?

ok ive had issues with this thing since I dropped it in. I had a high idle, vacumn leak, bad plug wires, header leak, and still have a weird miss. It runs great now at idle after I replaced the intake gaskets. It seems somebody must have checked into the motor before i got it and took off the intake. The last 4 bolts or so in the back were about hand tight!
Well after idle if I rev it it wants to die. If I got higher itll backfire into the intake i think. i have a optispark coming in tommorrow on a warranty trade so Itll cost me nuttin thank god! I replaced the Idle Air Control Valve cuz it was stuck open when I cleaned out the TB. I made sure about 5 times that the spark plugs are all in order, what else could it be?

it might help if I said it is a 94 LT-1. I love the idle but hate everything else!
Old 04-26-2003, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Missfire, could it be the optispark?

Check your MAF to see if those wires are full of gunk and dirt, if so clean it off but dont touch the wires, i used a tooth brush and some engine cleaner...
You might have a dirty or bad EGR valve, try and clean that out to see what happens...
Check your valves and Rocker arms to see if any are loose or need to get relashed...
Bad O2 sensor?, Possibly throwing any codes?
Its the little things about these LT1's they can be a pain in the ***.
Just my $.02
Old 05-02-2003, 01:35 AM
Staging Lane

Default Re: Missfire, could it be the optispark?

ok the MAF is a off the shelf brand new Granetelli. I have swapped it with a working piece outta a 94 TA and it wasnt that. Both the O2s are brand new and store bought Boschs. Brand new Painless harness, no EGR stuff at all, no air system. I cant read codes because the computer wont let me. We hooked up a Pathfinder scanner at a buddies shop and it couldnt read from the computer. Now the dam optispark has been swapped like 5 times and I still have no fire , but I also have nothing from the computer other than injector jetting and a SES light

Quick Reply: Missfire, could it be the optispark?