LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Mufflex LT1 Users....

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 10:46 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mufflex LT1 Users....

ok i have a question.. i have Hooker LT's on the car and just finished my Mufflex Ypipe into the 4 inch exhaust about a week ago... the problem i noticed and am having is the ypipe is sitting on top of the tunnel brace... and actually looks like its flexing that weak little thing...
now i looked into upgrading the tunnel brace to the UMI performance Tunnel Brace Torque Arm with driveshaft loop.... now my question is... will this tunnel brace setup clear the Mufflex Ypipe??? it looks as if it will but i dont know for sure, cuz the UMI tunnel brace sits a few inches lower than the stock one... plus i have a 3.5 inch LPE driveshaft and was wondering if it would clear the driveshaft loop as well...
i hope someone can help... the vibration is getting annoying...
thanks guys
Chris
Old 09-29-2006, 05:33 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm running the same exhuast setup and a spohn torque arm that is specific to the long tubes and 4" system. The UMI piece seam to have the reuired clearance, but it's better to contact them to make sure.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:21 AM
TECH Resident

i did and they havent tried it with a 4" system... so i thought someone here would have some info... thanks
Old 09-29-2006, 10:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

i loosened all the ypipe bolts then but a jack under it and tighten it back up. got it pretty snug with the floor without hitting. this was on my flp headers
Old 09-29-2006, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

I used my mufflex with the Spohn TA and driveshaft loop as well. There was no clearence issues. Now I am using the stock flimsy tunnel brace with no problems. It is really tight, but it does not squeak or rattle.
Old 09-29-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

well my ypipe is sitting on top of my flimsy tunnel brace.. and its kinda pushing down on it.. so it sits alittle lower.. thats all i was wondering... cuz i noticed the spohn and UMI pieces sit alittle lower, so i was just making sure.. thanks guys