LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

kinda new...

Old 10-05-2006, 12:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kinda new...

just got on this site finally... i live in houston and i currently have a 94 z28 with some mods done to it.. sadly its a automatic but i only paid $2200 for it... im goin car shoppin soon and i was thinking of the C5 vette not Z06.. the c5 down here run $20k with 40k miles .. should i go on with my purchase and still keep my camaro or should i save for something else... i dont want to invest more $$ into my camaro cuz its beat up some what .. and needs some TLC if ya no what i mean but still runs strong... what would be best thx guyz...
Old 10-05-2006, 12:40 AM
TECH Resident

the C5 is great my dad has one I love it.... go for it its a great car...
Old 10-05-2006, 01:04 AM
TECH Resident

you must be young or a show off if having an A4 is sad
Old 10-05-2006, 06:02 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by skatinjay27
you must be young or a show off if having an A4 is sad
I agree. A stick is fun on the street for having fun, and spining tires. But a properly stalled auto is also alot of fun, and more consisant, and launch HARD. with that said, I'd love to convert my caprice to a stick for street fun. but, I am young, and often a show off...
Old 10-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Dude, don't get no stinkin' C5; save some money and just get an LS1 F-body and keep your '94. That way you can completely represent the 4th gen F-Bodys! Even though I prefer a manual, there is nothing wrong with an auto, though, I too, am young and like to show off. What is that phrase, "Manual transmissions impress high-school kids, whereas auto transmissions win drag races"? Makes sense.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Mens Rea
"Manual transmissions impress high-school kids, whereas auto transmissions win drag races"? Makes sense.

Why would you want a c5? Vette's do have a certain sex apeal, but what if you wanna cruise with 2 homies? Now granted the F-body back seat is a joke, but it's still a seat. Plus... hmm... I have no other agruements.

A: take the 20k and make a pimped out fast LT1( it is possible ya know, for less than you might think)
B: Buy the vette, upgrade it slightly, and keep it twisty friendly, Keep the bird... and make it a straight line only car!!
C: Buy the 'vette, sell the bird and never look back. (I bet most would do this, likely after having both for awhile)

I'd go option A. But what do i know, I drive Grandpa cars and ex-cop cars...

Last edited by MrCadillac; 10-06-2006 at 04:39 AM.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

If you can afford the vette, I would go for that. It is an all around better car than an f-body in many ways. Pretty much everyone on here that has gone from F-Body to Vette has been happy with the change and said they would never go back.
Old 10-05-2006, 04:44 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by infinitebird
If you can afford the vette, I would go for that. It is an all around better car than an f-body in many ways. Pretty much everyone on here that has gone from F-Body to Vette has been happy with the change and said they would never go back.
+1
Stop hating, I agree with this guy. If you can go C5, do it. You get what you pay for

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: kinda new...