LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

starter question(what wire where)

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starter question(what wire where)

starting to hook the wiring up for the motor in the truck now, and i've hit a snag on the starter, not sure what goes where. i have 2 wires from my harness(same color) that are suppose to go to the starter and 1 wire from the battery. there are 3 terminals on the starter, 2 larger ones and 1 smaller one. need to know which wire goes where.

thank you
Old 10-10-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Resident

well what kind of truck is it... and whats going in it?? and what color are the wires... if i remember right... both of those wires go on the same stud... but its been so long since i had my truck... take a pic and post it up... that will help refresh my memory...
Old 10-10-2006, 10:26 PM
Launching!

sorry can't post i pics, i really wanted too. i have a digi camera, but my computer has fried it self here recently, and i currently on someone else's laptop for a quick fix.

the truck is a 94 s10 blazer, but the harness is one made by painless for my 95 lt1. the wires from the harness are both red, both labeled "+" as well.

sorry again for not having a pic.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:20 AM
TECH Resident

they didnt give you any type of diagram?? huh.... on the starter.. are you sure one of those studs isnt like a ground... so it should have a metal peice that runs to the body/frame of the starter as a ground... so im assuming that both of those wires runs to the small relay stud... and the big one of course for the battery cable... but just to be safe call painless and double check with them... thats what i would do.. sorry couldnt be of more help...
Old 10-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Launching!

its fine, i appriciate the effort. yeah they have a diagram for almost everything, but i figure they assume you can't mess up on the starter. i'll prolly give them a call now that thier help line is open.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:48 AM
TECH Resident

hell dude.. i just noticed that you live in Jax... hell i live like 30 minutes away and work in jax... if you need any help just let me know... you can shoot me a PM and i will help out... i want to see this thing running... good luck..

Quick Reply: starter question(what wire where)