LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

DTC P0300 Random Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DTC P0300 Random Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected

Just had a print out of codes i have and there are a bunch, but this is the one that has me worried a bit. I am at college with little tools and parked in a small parking spot outside, with no jack besides the one in the trunk. How would you guys go about fixing this problem. I was gonna start with plugs and wires but how can i do this where im at. In a garage, no prob, but outside with little room to work and low amounts of tools. Should I take it somewhere? I don't want to because it'll cost a fortune but do i have a choice. What if it's the opti? I don't exactly feel comfortable tearing into my car when i might not have the proper tools. Sorry for the rambling, Im just mad, 4 codes.

The moral of the story is, dont dismiss an oxygen sensor code and keep driving. A month later and you'll never notice that there other other codes with that SES light too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
Old 10-16-2006, 12:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

anyone?
Old 10-16-2006, 01:05 AM
TECH Veteran

at night time check under the hood on idle if you see and purple/gold flash. itll tell you if youre arching and your wires are bad.

with limited tools, a plug change will still be easy until you get to the pass side, and #7 on the drivers side. if you have skinny forearms like me, then itll be easy from the top.

Quick Reply: DTC P0300 Random Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected