LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fuel line adapter

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 01:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel line adapter

Does anybody make an adapter to go from the stock fuel lines to an AN fitting instead of having to cut the fuel lines and flare them???
Old 10-18-2006, 02:36 AM
TECH Regular

Something that I stumbled across and thought it would help...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LS1-L...42341380QQrdZ1
Old 10-18-2006, 02:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That looks exactly like some fittings I found on summit that I thought might work, and at half the price.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you take it to any hydraulic line shop, or welding shop they can silver solder a fitting on there for like 5 bucks total. The only downside is that you have to pull the fuel rail
Old 10-18-2006, 06:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm actually doing this conversion myself right now, and after doing alot of searching for what options are available, I came across these:

Earl's Aluminum Tube Adapters

They're designed to mount directly onto a steel or aluminum hard line. The little gold ball jams up inside of the hard line and flares it from the inside as the fitting is tightened.

Here's a link to the only place that I was able to find them online:

http://www.mpsracing.com/products/ea...5Fadapters.asp

You'll need both a 3/8" and a 5/16" -6 AN male adapter for attaching fuel line to the hard lines underneath the car. Hope that helps.
Old 10-18-2006, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just took the fuel line apart where the plastic meets metal and I see what's up now. The ebay link in the second post above is the plastic end of the line. Basically what that's for is if yer putting an LT1 in an older car you just attach that to the fuel line on the car and it lets you use the stock end on the LT1 fuel rails.

The end on the metal line in these cars is called a compression bead, it's the same ends that are on the crossover line going from one fuel rail to the other and the same kind of end going into the FPR. When I put the blower on my car a few months back I used the stock rails and had to make a crossover line so I made a lil tool to make that compression bead, I never could find any fuel line already beaded like that.

Basically the only option is to cut the metal line and flare it for an AN fitting or use a compression fitting like in the pic above, but I don't trust them. By the way, they sell them on summit too. If I wanted to save the factory metal lines in case I wanted to go back stock I could use my lil bead tool and make new metal lines but that seems like a waste of time.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NXSLT1
If I wanted to save the factory metal lines in case I wanted to go back stock I could use my lil bead tool and make new metal lines but that seems like a waste of time.
Why on God's Green Earth would you ever want to go back to using the stock lines?
Old 10-18-2006, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NXSLT1
Does anybody make an adapter to go from the stock fuel lines to an AN fitting instead of having to cut the fuel lines and flare them???
Yes,
http://www.performanceplumbing.com/FuelLineKits.html

Never used them but there is a recent thread about the "LT1 fuel line mod" and i posted a link in there that shows a guy who converted to an lines and moved the stock ones so they dont come out of the drivers side fender. Take a look.

Mike
Old 10-18-2006, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^The fittings in that Performance Plumbing kit are the same as the Ebay ones.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Addict

I've got fancy adapters like that. They're made by parker. They'll go from steel line, to 6an. Nice thing about them, is there's no need to flare. Downside is they're $13 a pop
Old 10-18-2006, 10:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Right, those from performance plumbing are the same as on ebay. That's the fittings that are on the plastic side of the fuel line, the female spring lock type. Guess I'll have to cut and flare.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thesoundandthefury
Why on God's Green Earth would you ever want to go back to using the stock lines?
In case I decided to take the blower off and go back with a stock type NA setup.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bringing this back.

I ahve know about Performance choice and if I am not mistaken Gary over there told me it was about $100-$125 for the kit with the 4 fittings and the -6 braided line.

I found this on ebay today
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

I am pretty sure this will work, but I am not for sure on what is needed on the other end that connects to the fuel hard line.
However I was looking through summit last night in the magazine and I seen where the LT1 specific Fuel rail -6 an fitting was $14.95 So I may just give them a call about that.

Summit sells the stainless Braided a little cheaper than Russel and Earl's and it looks just as good. I need to get proabably 25Ft of -6an (about $70.00 if I remember) b/c I am doing the steam lines with 90 1/2 fittings and -6 line.

Last edited by T/A KID; 10-26-2006 at 11:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Fuel line adapter