LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fuel Injector Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 12:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Injector Help Needed

I just purchased a new set of 32lb injecotrs for my LT1. They are Racetronix 32lbs. Problem is when I installed them they just feel a bit loose compared to OEM. I just don't want to have gas spraying all over detailed engine.

The top of new injectors have 2 grooves cut into them The orig had only 1. The GM retainer clip only fits into the upper groove on the new ones. When installed the injector just feels loose. The OEM's had thicker lower body that fit snug into the manifold.

Is this normal??? Can I have the wrong injectors? Bought from sponsor in PA.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:48 AM
TECH Addict

they should be fine. Use whatever groove the clip will fully go on to. I dont know why some recommend no using the clips and then just jambing the injector as far as it will go into the fuel rail. I like the clips. Besides if you dont use clips, I remember someone on here that didnt use clips and when he was testing his injectors for leaks, one popped off and got fuel all over him.

For piece of mind, mine and many others SVO injectors fit loose. I used the top groove with the clip and once in the manifold they have been fine for a while.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:16 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BRIANLT1
I just purchased a new set of 32lb injecotrs for my LT1. They are Racetronix 32lbs. Problem is when I installed them they just feel a bit loose compared to OEM. I just don't want to have gas spraying all over detailed engine.

The top of new injectors have 2 grooves cut into them The orig had only 1. The GM retainer clip only fits into the upper groove on the new ones. When installed the injector just feels loose. The OEM's had thicker lower body that fit snug into the manifold.

Is this normal??? Can I have the wrong injectors? Bought from sponsor in PA.
These are probably the Siemens DEKA 1 32's which should be just fine as long as the o-rings did not get nicked upon insertion.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 10-22-2006, 07:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by buffman
they should be fine. Use whatever groove the clip will fully go on to. I dont know why some recommend no using the clips and then just jambing the injector as far as it will go into the fuel rail. I like the clips. Besides if you dont use clips, I remember someone on here that didnt use clips and when he was testing his injectors for leaks, one popped off and got fuel all over him.

For piece of mind, mine and many others SVO injectors fit loose. I used the top groove with the clip and once in the manifold they have been fine for a while.
When I was installing 30# SVOs, I noticed the stock O-rings were a bit thicker so I switched the them, gave me a snug fit.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:39 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Racetronix
These are probably the Siemens DEKA 1 32's which should be just fine as long as the o-rings did not get nicked upon insertion.
When going to the 32# injector link in your sig it says Lucas/Delphi. I bought these and assumed thats what I got. You post above they are probably Siemens DEKA 1. Can you explain this? Which ones did I buy?
Old 10-24-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Resident

If you look up the delphi 32# injectors on www.harrisspeedworks.com they have a note at the bottom that delphi is no longer making these injectors and that siemens has taken over. They are supposed to be the same injector. I hope so because I just bought some.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:20 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had #37/#38 Racetronix and they fit very snuggly, also remember when the motor heats up its going to close the tolerances. Also with the fuel rail it keeps down the injectors. I havent ran clips since the stockers were in. I wouldnt worry bout it.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:11 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by seawolf06
If you look up the delphi 32# injectors on www.harrisspeedworks.com they have a note at the bottom that delphi is no longer making these injectors and that siemens has taken over. They are supposed to be the same injector. I hope so because I just bought some.
From Harris web page:
"Delphi is no longer in full production of the 32 Lb. injectors and is sending out Siemens 32 lb. / hr. as a replacement. The Siemens 32 lb. / hr. have the same characteristics the Delphi 32 Lb. injectors. "

The skinny:

At this time Racetronix does have any Delphi 621020 32pph injectors in stock.
Due to Delphi's financial restructuring lead times are 60-90 days on orders.
Racetronix is therefore unable to project availability on this injector.
Delphi has also increased the price of this injector by 25%.

As an alternative Racetronix is offering the Siemens 9266 32pph hi-z injector as an alternate.
The Siemens 9266 a high-impedance injector just like the Delphi 621020 making it compatible with factory ECM/PCM saturated drivers.
The static flow rating on the Siemens 9266 injector is the same as the Delphi 621020.
Both injectors feature a single pencil-beam spray pattern.
The body style of the Siemens 9266 DEKA 1 injector is the same (EV1 style) as the Delphi 621020.
The Siemens 9266 is a radius-rod injector where the Delphi 621020 is a disc injector.

Although the Siemens 9266 is a more costly injector Racetronix is willing to offer this injector at the same price as the Delphi 621020.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 10-25-2006, 02:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Racetronix
The Siemens 9266 is a radius-rod injector where the Delphi 621020 is a disc injector.

Although the Siemens 9266 is a more costly injector Racetronix is willing to offer this injector at the same price as the Delphi 621020.
What's the difference between a radius-rod and disc injector and what are the advantages/disadvantages of this over a pintle injector (Ford)? Also, what makes the siemens injectors more expensive? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Fuel Injector Help Needed