LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Installed 24# FORD Blue Tops :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 11:09 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up Installed 24# FORD Blue Tops :)

I had these from when I was modding my 91 Bird, but they never got put in. Seeing as how easy the injectors looked on the LT1, I decided last night around 9:45 "WTH! Lets put them in". Quite daring of my since I usually don't do much car work. I know a fair amount, but never really do it myself, or BY myself. Anyways, so I did it, pulled the bolts out of the rail, and then got confused on the injector clips LOL Finally figured it out, but took them all off the long way, silly me. So I grab the new injectors and look... they're a lil different "TEH NOES!" So to get the injectors in enough (that I would think is enough) I had to mod them a little bit in the other slot for the clip, no big deal. Let it be noted, I never did get the rails OUT of the car lol They were kinda hung up on the back of the intake and stupid EGR crap. So I get the one rail finished and bolted down and notice that the injectors are kinda up out of the intake O_O The darned o-rings are barely seated! *sigh* So I pull them allll back off and think. I compared the injectors and they're SLIGHTLY different, but not all that much. Where I modded the injector for the clips is the same clip spot on the factory ones, but since they're just a weeeee bit shorter, that won't work. So I put the clips in the "GM" style upper slot, put one more factory O-Ring on the bottom, and re-seat them all. Much better, but I was worried about the TOP now since it wasn't inside the rail as much as befor. Still alot, but not as much. Well shy of 2hrs later, everything was in, bolted down, buttoned up. Fixed a plastic vaccuum line I snaped, and started it up. No leaks, but too late to jockey cars in the driveway to get out.

So I get up today to do what needs being done, and start driving, being a little worried about them leaking under load, drive it down the road and back home quick, no leaks. So I set off for my appointment, and see the gas gauge going down LOL I was like wtfork batman! So I pull over, STILL no leaks :\ Just the typical spot in the GM sender where it's touchy. Not used to a gas gauge that responds to the level of slosh so much. Get done with apt, goto the gas station where I know the guy gets good gas, put in 89 and top it off.

Injectors befor gas: MORE POWER!

After Gas: More power, better response.

Verdict: I'm a happy camper........ as long as nothing leaks lol

Can't wait to plug in a new PROM with it adjusted for the injectors!

Kinda long story, but figured I'd share
Old 10-24-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea... i put them in and noticed the same thing... i just left them in but i pushed them all down in the intake farther... so i was always worried that they would leak... but they havent so far and they probably have about 3K miles on them or so..
Old 10-24-2006, 02:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why are you putting 89 in your car?
Old 10-24-2006, 07:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol Because it's not really 89, and gas is expensive when you don't have a job

That's reassuring, thanks Harvick.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not reprogramming for new injectors is a bad thing. Although they are close to stock so I don't think it will hurt much.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well, other than a performance boost, nothing else has changed

Quick Reply: Installed 24# FORD Blue Tops :)