LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

just purchased myself a 383 stroker! yay!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default just purchased myself a 383 stroker! yay!

hey guys i just bought a 95 camaro with a 383 stroker in it. its got a built T-56 viper tranny, powermaster starter, rebuilt rear with eaton posi and 4.56s, god crane cam roller rockers, CC306, eagle rotating assembly, eagle rods, chrome C6s with nittos, cold fusion nitrous kit, and a stereo system that is way too loud for me...

anyway, we meet at AAA to get the thing registered and everything under my name and then i drive it out of the parking lot after we are done... then later down the road i get on it a little bit and it feels really powerful, then smoke starts to come out of the engine bay and im like HOLY **** WHAT THE HELL! it turns out that it was the starter. i fried, cracked, and bit some teeth off of the starter when i tried to push start it later.

i called the guy i bought it from... cuz i only had the car for literally 8 minutes... and he tells me it was cuz of the switch he installed that bypasses the ignition so that you have to put the key in the ignition, then flip a switch to start the car. well, i didnt know that you couldnt drive with the switch in the on position, so it kept trying to start and it ended up frying the starter. i asked him what i should do and he said he would be right there to check it out.

20 minutes later the guy comes by and checks it out and tells me he is gonna replace the starter for me for free and he will have the car back to me tomorrow. i was SOOOO relieved! hes getting the starter for free. he said he felt bad about it but tomorrow itll be all good... and im putting a cover on that damn switch that says DONT TOUCH THIS **** EVER!

it was a relief to know that this guy didnt try and screw me over, and we were talking and it turns out he was about to buy my SS when i had it for sale a while ago on craigslist. small world!
Old 10-24-2006, 10:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like an awesome car man. good luck with it. my buddy has a built LS1 with a viper tranny and man that thing is fun to beat on. it is def. a tranny that can handle some power.