LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

TRUE DUAL folks come in!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Putting my set up together as I type this. Jet Hot long tubes with the 3" summit x pipe and the 24" summit 3" glass packs. Hopefully longer glass packs will help a little with not setting off all of the car alarms between my house and the entrance of the subdivision!

Mec
Old 10-27-2006, 01:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing like going through a parking garage... giving it a little rev and hear a bunch go off. haha...
Old 10-27-2006, 02:10 AM
TECH Resident

is the dynomax bullets glass packs???
Old 10-27-2006, 03:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hyperzone
Nothing like going through a parking garage... giving it a little rev and hear a bunch go off. haha...
I dont even have to rev.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:32 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by onebadblackz
is the dynomax bullets glass packs???

Pretty much.

I have 4in Bullets off my collectors right now. 1-5/8s 1-7/8s Stepped Longtubes.

Its a little loud.

Tony.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

what exactly does glass packs mean?
Old 10-27-2006, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LT1MAN
what exactly does glass packs mean?
Means the muffler is packed with fiberglass fibres as a sound dampening material. Others use stainless steel fibres that last longer against burnout. They dont quiet things down much at all.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:44 AM
TECH Resident

what would be the best sounding and performing muffler I could get???
Old 10-27-2006, 10:02 AM
TECH Regular

Hyperzone, nice car. I love the sound of that exaust. about how much did that set up cost?

-bryan
Old 10-27-2006, 02:05 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Here's mine. I'll also try to attach a clip.

http://www.texasfbody.org/uploaded/o...NightPass1.wmv
Attached Thumbnails TRUE DUAL folks come in!-parts-taken-off.jpg  
Old 10-27-2006, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TWS
Here's mine. I'll also try to attach a clip.

http://www.texasfbody.org/uploaded/o...NightPass1.wmv
Nice Driveshaft!

I think a setup like that (being somewhat similar to TSP) would be the simplest to get under my car... Just dont like the idea of exhaust residue all over the bottom of the car from the rear end back. I may even raise my car to get the dumps out in front of the rear wheels.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:00 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fire67
Nice Driveshaft!

I think a setup like that (being somewhat similar to TSP) would be the simplest to get under my car... Just dont like the idea of exhaust residue all over the bottom of the car from the rear end back. I may even raise my car to get the dumps out in front of the rear wheels.
Haha, glad you like my shaft.

I'm actually running a Billingsley extreme cromoly now. I was afraid the CF shaft would not be up to the task. My car launches very hard for what it is.
Attached Thumbnails TRUE DUAL folks come in!-cropped-launch-may-06smallest.jpg  
Old 10-27-2006, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Pacesetter ceramic coated LT's were like $450. Put those on myself plain and simple.

Texas Speed & Performance (TSP) X-pipe was like $400 and came with free shipping when I got that. Came with everything needed for a LS1 which was a small problem. One piece on the driverside just wouldn't match up quite right. I took it to an exhaust shop near where I was in San Diego and had the guy do all the welds (instead of using the clamps) and make me the 1' piece I needed to make it work. I gave him all the brand new exhaust clamps that I didn't need (6 or 7 of'em) and he only charged me $30. I put the headers on and he basically put the entire X-pipe together for me.

So, about $900 all together. Thanks for the compliments! Cant wait till my new motor is in, well, the new 'rebuilt' motor...

OH, and here's the video of my buddy's 2002 TA with Cam on the dyno in Cali. He's got the pacesetter headers and TSP X-pipe. First pull was stock airlid (387.1 HP / 362.2 TQ), Second pull was with somebody elses aftermarket lid (399.1 HP / 372.9 TQ). All we did was change the intake lid and that was the result... wicked! Oh, I dont believe he had his car tuned for that cam yet at the time of this video.

Last edited by hyperzone; 10-27-2006 at 11:18 PM.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Staging Lane

That looks like a nice set up..
Old 10-27-2006, 11:39 PM
Staging Lane

Also do your long tubes tuck up under the car ... or do the hang low.. I wanted to put some Longtubes but I lower my car ... I just don't want to hit them..
Old 10-28-2006, 12:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

In this picture, the front springs/shocks are the stock SS lowered springs and the back is moog cargo coils. I'm planning on raising my front up to stock camaro ride height for the exhaust and just for a little more ride comfort. The way it is here, I have to worry alot and CRAWL over speed bumps to avoid any bounce at all or I will hit. My LT's have a a few scratches and dings right on the bottom primaries before the collectors from the 2-3 discovery experiences of what I can get away with. The rest of the X-pipe remarkably, doesn't have any problems with the exception of possibly scraping the middle going in/out a steep driveway head on and I dont think ANY OF US really do that anyway in these cars. This is 3" from the collectors so... smaller pipes obviously might work out better and I might eventually look into that since this is way overkill for my engine.... But sounds so nice!

Old 12-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Teching In

How do the bullets compare in sound volume to cutouts?? When I want my car loud I open up the cutouts and run it like that and when I want to be able to talk to the people in the car with me I close them... Here before too long I am taking my midlengths off and will most likely put on some dynatech lt headers and I am looking at going with a true dual setup... I would prefer a muffler that will perform but not really but super loud during regular driving.. The car isnt my DD but I do like to drive it alot
Old 12-13-2006, 11:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

they're close volume-wise. bullets are basically straight through like a resonator. on a stock motor, there's probably less difference than say a stroker, because of the volume of air. get the spiral flows from moroso (i think) and they sound great but are a little bit quieter.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Launching!

I'm running Jet Hot LT's, through a 3" x-pipe, into 3" Flowtech Afterburners (big mufflers), and dumped at the axle. I love the deep sound I have at idle (choppy cam and 12:1 compression help ). I don't have much drone or resonance driving around. At WOT, they get a higher pitch, raspy sound and are pretty loud. I like the setup. I don't have pictures, but I have pretty good ground clearance. Just had to have a good exhaust shop bend the pipes so the bigger mufflers would work. Honestly, if I didn't get the mufflers for next to nothing, I would have went with Sweet Thunders. I'll actually eventually go with them anyway, because they sound amazing (but are really loud).
Old 12-14-2006, 11:32 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a dual 3" setup with afterburners on my old 83, they are loud!

So I have to ask this again, anyone running duals AND has slp subframe connectors AND has a spohn T/A with the LT brace??
Looks like most of you TD guys are running the stock TQ arm and not running even the factory brace between the two seat pans.

Quick Reply: TRUE DUAL folks come in!