LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

GTP/Jensen Heads....(Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vanilla89
those look stock ...hope you didnt pay a lot of $$$ for them
They definitely arent completely stock, the intake ports are too straight, it looks like they have just been port matched or something, nothing major. Dont get bummed out man, $200 still isnt that bad at all, you could just about sell your old set for that, plus the RR's and springs and all (Id get the springs checked as well) These cars are expensive to mess with, nickle and dime you out the ***
Old 10-25-2006, 08:01 PM
12 Second Club

im not really bumbed. i dont mind putting the money into the car, because its my hobby. its just that i cant stand it when "professionals" tell me ooo there ported, which in reality, there just smoothed out, and port matched. now i had these heads at a well known engine builder, that cleaned them up and gave them a valve job. now, knowing that he knows the ins and outs about heads, he should have realized that they could have been ported more for the cam im going to run. it makes no sense to me. now i either take them back to him, (highly doubtful) or send them out to lloyd (most likely). to spend the money i could use elseware. but thanks again everyone! you all have been a huge help!
Old 12-12-2006, 06:44 PM
12 Second Club

Well im bringing this back alive. Ive finally gotten the heads back from Lloyd Elliot, and its pretty much the LE2 heads. Ive kept the valve job Jensen had given to the heads, but non the less they look alot better, and i cant wait to put them on. I will hands down send all of my heads back to Lloyd from now on. He answered every question i threw at him, and was more than willing to stay on the phone with me, not trying to cut me short. The customer service is outstanding, and the packaging for the shipment back was excellent. But i will def. recommend him to anyone!
The portwork is night and day. He said the stock runners are 170cc, and they were "ported" the first time around 175cc, and he said he got them out to around 202cc's. I cant say enough good stuff about him. But anyways here are some pics of the port work.

Old 12-12-2006, 07:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Schweet97Z]the one thing i dont understand is, why he charges 1800 bucks just for porting stock heads???

QUOTE]
FWIW, Craig does some amazing work.. As long as he's the one doing the work.. It takes quite a bit of time and effort to do it right... That's why it cost's so much to have these guy's work on these heads.. Luckily for us we have LE, and AI doing quality work at bottom dollar pricing..

Last edited by IllusionalTA; 12-12-2006 at 07:39 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks pritty good. Do you have any pics of the exhaust ports from a litte farther back? Them exhaust ports look like there 2in tall in them pics. Also it looks like he removed alot of material from the bottom of the ports. I was under the inpression that you are supposed to leave the bottom of the parts alone if at all possible. Maybe Lloyd can explain how he goes about this?
Old 12-12-2006, 08:42 PM
12 Second Club

theres the picture of the exhuast port, and as far as the porting goes, ill let lloyd explain himself, if he see's this thread.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:22 AM
9 Second Club

Default those heads look good now

Yeah the heads now look like they've got some nice work done to em..... FWIW here's a few comparison pictures of my AFR competition CNC ported/polished 227cc LT4 heads....

Quick Reply: GTP/Jensen Heads....(Pics)