LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

96 WS6 Misfire Problem Almost Solved...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 05:46 PM
buk
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 96 WS6 Misfire Problem Almost Solved...

If any of you remember I had a misfire problem with my 96 WS6. After replacing almost all of the ignition components I finally had a chance to get it on a snap-on scanner to read the misfire counts. Turns out cylinder 4 was the culprit, and after checking compression/spark on it I determined it was most likely the fuel injector. Seeing as how I have intentions of modding the car further I picked up and installed a set of SVO 30lbers.

Now the problem: Although this fixed 98% of the problem, there is still a SLIGHT hesitation at low throttle. ie: 2100-2900rpms. All other instances the misfire is fixed. Could this be caused by the fact I did not switch over the tune for the bigger injectors yet?

If anyone has any thoughts on this nagging problem please let me know, I appreciate any and all input.

*EDIT*
Just thinkin out loud here, could this possibly be due the the crack I found on the TPS sensor flange?

Last edited by buk; 10-25-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bigger injectors would send more fuel, the computer would send a pulse for the stk injector size but would actually be putting more fuel in, I believe it would be running richer than it should, and I dont believe that would cause a bog, being lean would cause a bog. just my .02 correct me if I'm wrong.

Quick Reply: 96 WS6 Misfire Problem Almost Solved...